X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clarkcant
    • Aug 2019

AE vs MAP Rate of Change WOT Stumble

Hi all, need some help with tuning out a bog/stumble on a twin turbo V6 with a Holley Terminator EFI system. When driving at about 3000 RPM and stabbing the throttle, the engine will sometimes go lean and hesitate. Other times it'll take off like a rocket and the AFR will be spot on. Seems like the AE vs MAP will come on intermittently. If someone could take a look at my Global File & datalogs I'd really appreciate it. Engine is a Buick 3.8L V6 twin turbo EFR7163, 22 lbs of boost, 205 lb/hr injectors, 750 HP to the wheels, tuned on MS109 unleaded, fuel pressure 43 psi. Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • 81 TransAm
    • Nov 2014

What's with your Coolant Temp Enrichment table? You do not want to go below 100%. I think your Accel Enrichment is too high. Your fuel flow goes up to 600 lb/hr at 3100 RPM as you hit the throttle. You're probably flooding it.

Comment

• Clarkcant
      • Aug 2019

Well that's what I thought, but when I back off the Accel Enrichment it goes lean & stumbles. So I turn it back up and sometimes it will kick in and power through and run fine. It's a tall custom intake and the turbos come on hard, I can't seem to find the right balance? Also, if I roll into it easy everything is spot on.

Comment

• 81 TransAm
        • Nov 2014

The better the Base Fuel Table is tuned, the less Accel Enrichment you'll need.

Comment

• Clarkcant
          • Aug 2019

Should I turn off Learning and zero out all modifiers and tune the map manually? Seems like the self Learning never really stops making huge corrections even after driving for like an hour. Even when I turn down the Learn Compensation percentage. Not to mention this is a race car, so driving on the street with no A/C gets rough in Florida.

Comment

• andrewb70
            • Dec 2014

If this is a race car, you should tune it at the track...LOL. The fuel Learning function works very well and will get your WOT AFR dialed in in just a couple of passes. Andrew
            Instagram: @projectgattago
            Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
            I deliver what EFI promises.
            Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Working...
            X