Thread: How do I see GPS speed from Pro Dash on HP?

Default How do I see GPS speed from Pro Dash on HP?

Part of the latest update was the ability for the HP to see and use GPS info from the Pro Dash. How do I set this up to see it? I'm just not seeing how or where to set it up, so I can use the GPS to activate the relay for my Gear Vendors. Thanks.

"Pro Dash CAN Channel Updates
    The following channels can be read by an HP or Dominator ECU from a Pro Dash product with the ability to view/log them as well as utilize them the I/O and Advanced ICF:
    -Accel X
    -Accel Y
    -Accel Z
    -GPS Latitude
    -GPS Longitude
    -GPS Elevation
    -GPS Speed"

In the Inputs/Outputs ICF, select a "CAN" Type Input. Then in Configure, select "Pro Dash GPS" as the CAN Device.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" Dart SBF, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, I have that setup now. When I go into Configure, what should the "Type" be? Under "CAN Bus", should it be CAN Bus 1 or 2? Last, do I need t put anything in the "CAN Serial" box? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by speedphreake View Post
    When I go into Configure, what should the "Type" be?
    Try these custom Input settings.
    Type: RAW
    Units: MPH
    Format: 1
    CAN Device: Pro Dash GPS
    CAN Channel: GPS Speed
    CAN Bus: CAN Bus 1
    CAN Serial: See sticker on rear of Pro Dash unit.
    Sensor Display/Caution/Normal Min/Max: Values at your discretion.

Then program the Holley Pro Dash accordingly:
    https://documents.holley.com/199r11581.pdf (Holley Pro Dash Instructions - "GPS Speed", Page 16)
    Go to Menu, Configuration, Dash Configuration, Vehicle Tab, and change Speed Input to "GPS Speed".

In the Inputs/Outputs ICF, program your custom Output by selecting the GPS Speed Input (Sensor Input Trigger) you created & named above.

Under "CAN Bus", should it be CAN Bus 1 or 2?
    CAN Bus 2 is only available with Holley Dominator ECUs.

Last, do I need t put anything in the "CAN Serial" box?
    There should be a sticker with this number on back of the Pro Dash unit.

Thanks for the help.
    You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" Dart SBF, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks again. Does it “need” the dash serial put in? It’s mounted in the car and not easily removed.

Well try without it & see if it works. I think there's a menu category with the serial number.

Thanks, everything looks good. Test drive in the morning and we'll know if it's working.