Thread: Retaining Pin Mapping on multiple tunes.

Default Retaining Pin Mapping on multiple tunes.

I’m adding a couple sensors and making additional changes to my Pin Map. I currently use seven different tunes that I'd like to apply these changes to. Differences in the seven Global Files are within the Spark ICF, Boost ICF, and the Basic I/Os in the System ICF. What's the best way to retain the Pin Map? I see I could export the ICFs then use the Global File that I rebuilt the Pin Map in, to build the six other new Global Files. Is that the best way?

I have a Multi-Map Switch with a warmup tune. Then a "normal" tune, a hail Mary, and a dang it's slick tune. And I have two different turbos I run depending on class. So that's one warmup and two sets of three tunes. Any input on retaining the Pin Map?

UPDATE: Well, I may have titled this wrong. I need to update the Pin Map on six tunes with one that I've already updated. What's the best way to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Holley EFI Pin Map Instructions
    Pin Mapping Process: Pin Mapping begins by creating and defining a new Global Folder (GF) and selecting what Individual Configuration Files (ICF) are to be used. If an ICF has an input or output that will need to be Pin Mapped, it will have an “Inputs/Outputs” tab at the bottom window selections (see Nitrous example below). Each Inputs/Outputs screen for a specific ICF will show all the possible Inputs and Outputs that can be enabled for that particular ICF. The ones that are enabled will have white and bold text. The ones that are not enabled will be gray and will not be editable.
    I think you want to click "Export GF To Library ICFs" in the updated Global File (under File, top Toolbar). Check mark the Inputs/Outputs ICF, name it, then click OK. Then in the other Global File you want modified, select that custom I/O ICF in Toolbox/Add Individual Config. You can click on Global File Properties (under File, top Toolbar) to ensure the correct Inputs/Outputs ICF is in that particular Global File.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

That does bring in the I/Os, but loses the Pin Mapping for them.

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer an actual Pin Map configuration. You'll have to open two Holley EFI software windows and manually configure (drag & drop) the new Global File's Pin Map. (Fortunately, the Pin Map is much easier to configure than the Inputs/Outputs ICF.)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you. Drag & drop isn't bad.

You're welcome.

The Comparison tool makes it pretty easy. When I open the Global File I want to update the I/Os & Pin Map in, and compare the updated Global File, I can copy the complete I/O to the base Global File. It also updates the Pin Map.

For Reference:
    After updating the EFI software or ECU firmware, I always enter every EFI software screen to verify everything is still correct. It
    doesn't take long. Many people find Global File discrepancies (especially in Engine & Ignition Parameters) because they didn't look.
    The Holley EFI software has a Global File Comparison Tool (C:Drive, Program Files, Holley, V5 EFI), but I choose not to use it:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10864rev1.pdf (V4 EFI Software Overview - "HEFI GCF Updater/Comparer/Converter", Pages 21-24)
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...reoverview.pdf (V5 EFI Software Overview - "Comparison/Copy Feature", Page 3)