Thread: DBW Not Idling

Default DBW Not Idling

Hey guys, I installed a new Terminator X Max in my '67 Nova. I've done the standard Wizard tune with the handheld. The engine will always start, flare, idle down and die. We have been able to raise the "Throttle vs Pedal" setting to around 12 and it will idle at a 1500 RPM setting. I let it warm up and it starts to Learn as it should. I keep transferring the new Learned parameters as I go. Seems really rich from the Wizard based starting point! I keep reducing the idle RPM 100 at a time, let it stabilize and Learn and all was good. I got to 1000 RPM repeating the same procedure, but when I set it at 950, it just died as soon as I hit enter. It doesn’t want to restart and idle even though I put the idle back to 1000 and I have to start over again at 1500.
    I have a GM throttle body that is in the list as well as the GM throttle pedal. I also had the injectors cleaned to make sure they are not the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Jay
    Last edited by Bracket Boy; 08-22-2019 at 09:30 AM.