Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IAC Position

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cadder View Post
    You told me to set it to a option I don’t have.
    What? "Sniper TBI" is the default IAC Control/Control Type parameter (IAC Settings screen - Idle ICF).

I don't see what good would it do to change the sender when the readout is displaying the correct temp. It’s just where the bubble sits on the graph that’s not agreeing.
    I'm not getting into this. A Sniper EFI user will chime in about this.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Sniper is TBI. Throttle Body Injection. So set it to Sniper TBI.

Again, that's what I stated in post #6.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I figured maybe he didn't see it.

Yeah, but since "Sniper TBI" is the default IAC Control/Control Type parameter (IAC Settings screen - Idle ICF), it's the first one he should've seen.

Leon you're right, too bad it wasn't worded like this in the first place. Wording MATTERS I like how you edit everything to make it look as you want. You've went back and changed it now I see If you make a mistake that's fine, but at least own up to it. There are numerous bugs in the software as you must know, that's where the confusion comes in.
    Last edited by Mad Cadder; 08-10-2019 at 01:14 PM.

In post 4, you also told me to use slow.

1) "Sniper TBI" & "Sniper EFI" is the same exact thing. These terms can be used interchangeably.
    2) I did not tell YOU to use "Slow", however, it is an option under the IAC Advanced Control Type.
    3) List the Sniper EFI software "bugs" that you've experienced trouble with. I'll forward them to Holley.

Some of this wording I'm sure is incorrect, but here it goes. There are settings that sometimes appear and sometimes do not. IÂ’ve changed a entire area of target map and only part of it takes and end of having to do them one block at a time. The typed in settings at the top of the charts do not always agree with the numbers on them on things like cranking fuel. Startup enrichment, Temperature enrichment.

Weather you told me directly or not the settings you posted do say Slow. I'm not here to argue, but if you look at your post what was I to make of it. Who would not take the cut and paste you made as anything but suggested settings. I'm not going to waste money on a sender thatÂ’s functioning. How do you check them. Resistance values? I'm not a parts changer as in throwing parts at the wall and hoping something sticks. And if the numbers it displays on the datalog do not agree with the actual display or laptop, but the display and laptop numbers are correct? Seems like more software bugs to me. Your post:

10. Default

To check the CTS, leave the engine off for a day or two. Prior to starting, check the IAT & CTS values on the handheld. IAT & CTS should match each other or be within 5°F with a cold motor. If a difference greater then 5°F is seen, then replace the CTS. Air bubble pockets in the cooling system/sensor pickup locations are not good as this leads to inaccurate measurement and control for EFI. Look to resolve sensor pickup locations or preventing air pockets forming.

Closed Loop Parameters, Advanced Control drop down is documented here: https://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf Page 21
    Advanced Control
    Description: This drop down allows the user to change the “speed” at which the closed loop control operates. Selection “1” would be the slowest of the choices. Selection “5” would be the fastest.
    Tuning Basics:
    It should be noted that the selection provided for base calibrations should be a “very good” choice and likely does not need to be modified. A person that does not understand what to look for when changing these values is best to leave them alone

Closed Loop Parameter - Advanced Control drop down menu "sometimes" missing.
    Tested and observed with Holley Sniper EFI V1.2 Build 4.
    When navigating to the Closed Loop Parameters page from the top icon menu or the side menu, the drop down is consistently visible. When viewing the Learn Parameters page then navigating back to Closed Loop Parameters using the Closed Loop Parameters button within the Learn Parameters page, the advanced control drop down is not visible until the mouse cursor has moved over the drop down location.
    Suitable work a rounds are available. Navigate via the top or side menus or move mouse over location to recover.
    Myself, I would rather the software team work on new functionality vs spending time correcting this.
    Last edited by XW_Falcon_351C; 08-13-2019 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Identified the menu combination to cause the drop down menu not be be visible
    1970 XW Fairmont (presented as a GT Falcon Replica), 351 Cleveland with Aussie 302 2V closed chamber heads. Edelbrock F351 2V dual plane intake manifold. Camtech CT21544 (234/238@050", 570/579lift, 2600-6200rpm quoted range, 110lobes) 1.73:1 roller rockers. AOD Transmission. Ford 9" 3.5 Diff ratio. Pacemaker #PH4050 2v Tri-Y extractors to 2.5" Hi Flow V-Tex merge pipe with dual 2.5" exhaust through Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers. Holley Sniper EFI 4150 Super Sniper 650 with HyperSpark Ignition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast