Thread: Pulling datalogs initiated on 3.5" TSLCD.

Default Pulling datalogs initiated on 3.5" Display

Holley Terminator 4BBL with HP running Version 4 & 3.5" display. If I use the 3.5" TSLCD to start, stop & save a datalog file, is there a way to retrieve that datalog file with my laptop hooked to the ECU?
    1) I'm not sure I have a SD card reader.
    2) The way I have my display mounted, it's sort of difficult to get it out of it's holder.
    I've been using my laptop to start, stop & save datalog files to my laptop, but didn't have the laptop in my car yesterday when I wanted to datalog something...so I did them through the display.
    Last edited by SSLance; 07-30-2019 at 04:14 PM.

The datalog is stored in the ECU, not the 3.5" display. So, YES, you can connect your laptop and download the datalogs. If you just download them, they'll always be there until the ECU gets full. You could also download them to the 3.5" display and save to your SD card, and when you can get your display out and pull the SD, they'll be there too, but I think you already know that. I personally love the datalogging feature on the 3.5" display because it time/date stamps the files, unlike the laptop which names it the same one if you do multiple ones on the same day (so you have to rename them). Hard to do both when driving.

Thanks, I found the *.dlz files on the ECU and downloaded a handful of them to the laptop. Once I open one, it appears to convert it to the *.dl file like the software saves when creating the datalog with it.

Now it appears the ECU is datalogging all of the time, can I change that to just datalog when I tell it to start & stop through the 3.5" display? I can't seem to find the datalogs I'm looking for that I manually started & stopped couple of days ago, as they are mixed in with a bunch of others.

It would probably help if the ECU time & date was accurate. Also, next time I have the laptop hooked to the car, I'll try to correct the date & time in the ECU.

I use an input with a momentary switch to activate ECU datalogging.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information - Read "NOTES")
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny, that helps a bunch.
    Since I mainly want to datalog certain scenarios for tuning during street driving, I think just starting & stopping datalogging using the display will work best for me. It is quite a bit of work for me to put an additional harness on my setup to get more input\output options like a toggle switch. So if I set the datalogging up as "Immediate" and use the "Start" & "Stop" buttons on the display, the ECU will only datalog during that duration, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
    Thanks Danny, that helps a bunch.
    You're welcome.

So if I set the datalogging up as "Immediate" and use the "Start" & "Stop" buttons on the display, the ECU will only datalog during that duration, correct?
    Correct.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.