Thread: Brand New EFI User: Two Questions

Default Brand New EFI User: Two Questions

Hi. I installed a 550-444K on my Mopar 440 (street/strip cam). I still haven't put 50 miles on it since the install. Question #1. I have a minor start issue.
    It starts (turns over and begins to run) and stalls unless I pump the throttle until it runs on its own. Again, minor, but it's hard know if my pumping/priming is masking a bigger problem with my tuning.
    I have read a number of Danny's responses to similar issues and I would like to check my IAC Position is while my TPS is at 0%. Good news is that my TPS indicates 0% at hot idle. The bad news is, but my Monitor screen does not have IAC. It's not mentioned in the directions either. Did Holley get rid of IAC? I may be blind, wrong or confused.

The second question is about a Holley fuel pump relay kit.
    I read that Danny recommends a fuel pump relay kit, that's enough for me, so I'm installing one.
    My question is, In the post that I read Danny said "You'd simply use the green fuel pump wire to trigger your additional fuel pump relay".
    If I look at my relay kit instructions, does Danny mean that I should connect the green trigger wire to the green/black (SWITCHED 12V) wire in the kit, and do not need to connect the green/black kit wire to a switched source? (that would also be easier). Thank you in advance! Victor

1) Look here for how to use the 3.5" touchscreen: https://documents.holley.com/199r10751rev1.pdf
    2) Green wire goes to pin 86 of the relay. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Thank you. When I click on the link I get a message that the file is damaged. Can you repost it please? Thank you, Vic.

The link works fine for me:
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10751rev1.pdf (Holley 553-108 3.5" LCD Touchscreen Instructions)
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10752.pdf (Holley 553-108 3.5" LCD Touchscreen Quick Start Guide)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I had the same issue with no IAC showing up on the 3.5" touchscreen. I solved it really easily by creating my own dash setup and adding the IAC to it. Super easy to do with the 3.5" touchscreen. Once I got the IAC set I didn't have anymore startup issues. It fires right up and runs great now.