Thread: Terminator to Dakota Digital VHX gauges using BIM-01-2-HLLY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Terminator to Dakota Digital VHX gauges using BIM-01-2-HLLY

I've searched and found a few threads, but not one that answers my question. I'm using the BIM-01-2-HLLY to communicate between the Terminator ECU and the gauges. I can get either the 3.5" touchscreen to work or the dash. But not both. I've tried using the CAN1 for the handheld & CAN2 for the dash with CAN1 set to the normal setting (can't remember exactly what it says) and CAN2 set to Racepack. The handheld will work, but not the dash. If I set both CAN1 & CAN2 to race pack then the dash will work. It doesn't matter which connector is connected to what. That's the only way I can get it to work. I'd really like to have both working for the first little while, since I will be breaking in the new engine. After that I'm okay with only using the dash and carrying my laptop with me in case I need it. Has anyone found a way to get both to work? I'm using V4 EFI software. I haven't dared upgrade to V5 yet, sine I'm not exactly sure how to do it, and I really don't want to brick this thing. I need it out of my shop so I can get my Jeep back in there, and get it finished before I go to Moab in September. Thanks for the help.
    EDIT: I should mention that this is the Terminator stealth with trans control, on a BBC 502.
    Last edited by trplxj; 07-24-2019 at 05:29 PM.