Thread: Timing Retard Table HP EFI

Default Timing Retard Table HP EFI

I have an old HP and I'm running the early EFI software. Does later EFI software include some way to pull timing via a timing table where I can apply an analog voltage to the input? Understand I have external home made devices that output analog voltage, just like any analog output 0-5V sensor would do. I need to control power and the most effective way would be to knock out timing. I see no way to do this in my EFI software other than setting up a gauge and knocking out some fixed amount of timing. Thanks, Tom

No problem. Setup 0-5V input, then use that for timing retard in the Advanced ICF. Either HP or Dominator EFI can do this.

If the Advanced menu icon (ICF) isn't already uploaded (added) to the top Toolbar, follow these instructions:
    (This same procedure applies to all the various Individual Configuration menu items.)
    The Advanced ICF function is an "Individual Configuration" of the Holley EFI software.
    At top of screen, Click "Toolbox" and "Add Individual Config".
    At top of new window, select "Individual Configuration Library".
    At bottom of new window, select "Holley EFI Advanced Config".
    Select "Advanced" and open "default.adv".
    The "Advanced ICF" icon will then be present at top of screen.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny, I don't see that folder option. Do I have to download it? Maybe it isn't in my old EFI software? I have:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Configuration files.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	8497

The Advanced ICF is in V4 & V5 EFI software.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. No update to ECU necessary, just change my laptop to V4?

ECU and laptop must be the same Version. If you use V4 on the laptop you will need to flash the firmware on the ECU to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    EFI Software & ECU Firmware Versions:
    EFI SOFTWARE: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    ECU FIRMWARE: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest EFI software & ECU firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

Latest V5 EFI Software & ECU Firmware:
    The latest Holley EFI V5 software & firmware can be downloaded HERE.
    Read the V5 Software Overview document HERE, or in the EFI software "Help" Contents.
    Successfully install the new V5 EFI software (laptop), before installing the V5 ECU firmware.
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be version compatible (LINK).
    The instructions (PDF file) & ECU firmware (.eep file, Firmware folder/Documents) are included in the
    EFI software download. Go to your "Documents", "Holley" folder, "HEFI V5" folder, "Firmware" folder.
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

After updating the EFI software or ECU firmware, I always enter every EFI software screen to verify everything is still correct. It
    doesn't take long. Many people find Global File discrepancies (especially in Engine & Ignition Parameters) because they didn't look.
    The Holley EFI software has a Global File Comparison Tool (C:Drive, Program Files, Holley, V5 EFI), but I choose not to use it:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10864rev1.pdf (EFI Software Overview - Section 10.2 "HEFI GCF Comparer", Page 22)

Got it in my spare laptop. I hate upgrading EFI software, but here we go... Thanks everyone!