Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to alter RPM & MAP

System Parameters, Basic I/O, Sensor Scaling/Warnings screen, CTS tab.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" Dart SBF, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny. Why are there so many more positions in RPM on the Base Fuel Table than the Target Air/Fuel Ratio table? Is there a way to get the same in both?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cadder View Post
    Thanks Danny.
    You're welcome.

Why are there so many more positions in RPM on the Base Fuel Table than the Target Air/Fuel Ratio table?
    Because the Target Air/Fuel Ratio table doesn't need to be as large.

Is there a way to get the same in both?
    No (unless you uncheck "Large Table" on the Base Fuel Table, which is not recommended for Learning purposes).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" Dart SBF, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

The reason I asked is, I have a part of the Target AFR map at idle that's split between 900 & 1300 RPM, where the overlap causes a false lean and I still have the Closed Loop functioning. I simply tuned the Target AFR map to what the engine wants and ignored the 15.3 AFR setting. The thing is when I touch the pedal and go off idle it leans out until the cursor gets to the next RPM window.

The reason I asked is, I have a part of the Target AFR map at idle that's split between 900 & 1300 RPM, where the overlap causes a false lean and I still have the Closed Loop functioning.
    Please link a picture of your Target Air/Fuel Ratio table. And what's the idle RPM column?

I simply tuned the Target AFR map to what the engine wants and ignored the 15.3 AFR setting.
    The problem with ignoring it, is the ECU is trying to achieve the Target Air/Fuel Ratio (unless you disable Closed Loop below a certain RPM - Closed Loop Parameters).

The thing is when I touch the pedal and go off idle it leans out until the cursor gets to the next RPM window.
    Yes, that's what happens.

1100 RPM.

An 1100 RPM idle doesn't need the 500 RPM column (and depending on your RPM axis, maybe don't need 900 RPM either).

What would you suggest my settings be then? I figured for starting it may need lower RPM. I do see the idle drop to 900 still. Sorry about the upside down pic, I didn't know it was, dohhh. Ha, ha.
    Last edited by Mad Cadder; 07-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.

What would you suggest my settings be then?
    See post #2.

I figured for starting it may need lower RPM.
    No, the Base Fuel Table has nothing to do with cranking/starting the engine.

So two columns in the target fuel map? That are below the target idle column? I don't even have that now or did I read your post wrong?
    Last edited by Mad Cadder; 07-20-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast