Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to alter RPM & MAP

Disabled Closed Loop at 1300 RPM, set idle AFR for lowest IAC Position in gear. Then drove and accelerated gently & eliminated issues. This is my new Target AFR map for now. I have a WBO2 meter on one header collector and the Snipers on the other at those Target AFRs. The idle WBO2 is hovering 14.8-15.2 ish. I have pipes & mufflers, so there's plenty of exhaust system after the sensors. Is this close enough that you think your entire Target AFR map would work for me?
    Last edited by Mad Cadder; 07-21-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Danny, I'm sorry I said what I did. I'm sure I took what you said wrong. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me. I was just looking for help and I certainly do not know it all. Far from it. Were you suggesting that I just use your whole Target AFR map? Will that work? It seems my last map is fairly close in the areas I tuned.

What I can’t get my head around is: If the Closed Loop is turned off say below 1300 RPM, and that part of the Base Fuel Table has learned, why not just set the Target AFR for best idle/RPM/vacuum? Why turn off the Closed Loop. Or why not just limit the Learn to say 2%?

Of since the map has mostly been Learned, is it too late to turn off the Learn at a set RPM and then tune?

I set it up with Closed Loop off below 1300 RPM. We went to a car show yesterday. When we left the house it was 85°F and sunny car ran great. It started raining so we packed up and on the way home it rained pretty good and cooled off. The car started running like crap at low RPM. I made a datalog and looking at it today, the intake temp dropped 10°F this dropped AFR from 14.2 to 17. So the obvious thing now is the Air Temp Enrichment needs to be altered in order to continue running in Closed Loop for different weather conditions. How am I suppose to accomplish that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cadder View Post
    So the obvious thing now is the Air Temp Enrichment needs to be altered in order to continue running in Closed Loop for different weather conditions. How am I suppose to accomplish that?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7913#post67913 (Air Temperature Enrichment % Table Tuning)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6649#post66649 (Coolant Temperature Enrichment % Table Tuning)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Danny, if I change the Air Temp Enrichment, will that throw off my Target AFR map as well, or should I just use your maps?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234