Thread: V2 software question ++

Thumbs up V2 software question ++

Installed V2 on my TPI setup and everything works great. But I have a question about the virtual gauge panel. On screen caps I have seen of the gauge panel there is a green light above the big gauges, when I connect to my ECU I get I yellow light. What is this?

And a totally different question: What is "Current Learn %" in the Learn Tuning Data Monitor. Cant find that in any manuals. I can only get it up to 2%, and I have driven quite a lot.

Thanks, Jostein

Quote Originally Posted by 1967c10 View Post
    On screen caps I have seen of the gauge panel there is a green light above the big gauges, when I connect to my ECU I get I yellow light. What is this?
    It's normal to see a yellow light with the key-on/engine-off.
    It means there's currently a caution/warning output present (low values due to key-on/engine-off).

And a totally different question: What is "Current Learn %" in the Learn Tuning Data Monitor. Cant find that in any manuals. I can only get it up to 2%, and I have driven quite a lot.
    It's the amount of Learning % currently occurring in the Learn Table.

Since this is the first V2 software question, I should mention there are three new features that require immediate attention:

1)
    I was surprised at how well the new Quick Start "Fuel Prime Percent" feature works (in System Parameters/Engine Parameters/"Enable Fuel Prime"). But be careful with how much "Fuel Prime Percent" you program in. The suggested 200% was too much for my engine (too rich and immediately stalled when hot) because my Cranking Fuel has been increased. I settled at 175% (MPFI).

2) 60-2 crank trigger users must adjust the new "Inductive Delay" value (in Ignition Parameters/Custom/Configure/Crank Sensor). Inductive Delay now exists for all Crank Sensor Types (including "1 pulse/fire") The default value of 240 usec was too much, and caused a timing advance drift when revving the engine. 130 usec is rock steady for my application ("Enable Static Timing Set" in the "Sync With ECU" drop down menu - top Toolbar).

3) The new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters need to be adjusted (in Fuel Modifiers/Fuel Control/Accel Enrichment). This is because the first cell value in the "AE vs TPS/MAP Rate of Change" tables are now always set to zero. These first zero cells represent the new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters. So if you increased these parameters with the old software/firmware version, you'll need to adjust these Blanking values. I settled on an AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value of 8 (however, large mono-blade throttle bodies may need as low as 6) and an AE vs MAP RoC Blanking value of 5.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)

Software & Firmware Versions:
    Software: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global Folder is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

The latest V2 software can be downloaded here: https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection
    Read the 199R10632rev5 PDF document for a "V2 Software Update Overview" (in "Holley EFI V2 Instructions").
    Be sure to successfully install the new V2 software, before installing the ECU firmware (read "V2 Update Instructions").
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.