Thread: Terminator X idle IAC Position?

Default Terminator X idle IAC Position?

I’ve installed a Terminator X on a LSx 5.3L. I went through the checklist on startup. I'm currently trying to get the IAC Position to 2% at idle hot. With my idle screw cranked all the way up (highest idle) the lowest I can IAC Position is around 20%. I’m sure I need to change some more settings, as when I start it, it revs up to 2K and than idles back down to 850 after 2-3 seconds. Did TPS Autoset after each change and is holding 0%. Before messing with IAC Position it would start/run /drive good except on deceleration it would want to drop to an idle and go super lean no matter the speed I was going. I figured this had something to do with IAC Position being 45-50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrred1000 View Post
    I’m sure I need to change some more settings, as when I start it, it revs up to 2K and than idles back down to 850 after 2-3 seconds.
    This would be the IAC Parked Position and the Startup IAC Position - Hold Time & Decay Time. However, 5% IAC Position at hot idle has to be correct before tuning this. (This idle speed screw/IAC Position % relationship must be properly set for idle control.) Please read page 30 of the Terminator EFI software "Help ?" instructions.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Looked up page 30. Doesn’t give me any info on how to fix the problem I’m running into. If I’m outta idle screw adjustment and IAC is still at 20%, I have no other way to get more air in the throttle body without drilling a hole in throttle blade. I called Holley tech line and they told me to drill a hole in throttle blade. I don’t feel this is normal to get IAC to 2%.

Looked up page 30. Doesn’t give me any info on how to fix the problem I’m running into.
    That was in reference to the momentary high RPM after starting the engine, not the idle IAC Position problem.

If I’m outta idle screw adjustment and IAC is still at 20%, I have no other way to get more air in the throttle body without drilling a hole in throttle blade. I called Holley tech line and they told me to drill a hole in throttle blade. I don’t feel this is normal to get IAC to 2%.
    I'd have to see the throttle body.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK gotcha. I’m sure I can figure out momentary high RPM after start. But the throttle body is a factory 78mm truck TB.

OK gotcha. I’m sure I can figure out momentary high RPM after start.
    I addressed that in post #2.

But the throttle body is a factory 78mm truck TB.
    I meant I'd have to see what's wrong with it.

Got the extra 20% IAC Position adjusted by bending throttle stop. Reads 3% hot in gear.

Thanks for the update.