Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator X no start/backfire through intake.

Default Terminator X no start/backfire through intake.

I have a 24x 5.3L. It has an LS9 cam with the converted front mounted cam sensor and 1x cam gear. I've checked timing twice and the crank/cam dots are aligned. I also have an RPM signal. I've done the wire switch on the cam sensor connector and have checked voltage. When I try to start it, it usually doesn't do anything, but sometimes it will backfire through the intake and sometimes it shoots a fireball out the downpipe. I've set Ignition Parameters to 24x crank, single pulse cam and coil on plug. It does nothing. I have tried 24x crank, no cam sensor and waste-spark. That's when it will backfire. If I go through the Wizard on the handheld screen, it does nothing. By nothing I mean it cranks over, but it doesn't backfire or start. I have spent hours reading posts and I can not figure this out. I often read about doing a System Log and that it can be found by clicking on "datalog" and then choose the option. However, when I click on datalog, I only see "Open Data Log" and "Activate Overlay". I have the most recent version download and firmware I believe. This is in a circle track car being built for standing mile racing. Thank you.
    Last edited by Keystonespeed88; 07-11-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystonespeed88 View Post
    I often read about doing a System Log and that it can be found by clicking on "datalog" and then choose the option. However, when I click on datalog, I only see "Open Data Log" and "Activate Overlay".
    The Terminator X doesn't record System Logs because it's only capable of external datalogging (PC or 3.5" TSLCD). TPS Autoset?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

That explains why I can't find it. I've done the TPS Autoset and I've read the checklist over a few times. It seems a System Log is the answer to everything. I read that I needed a '05 GTO cam sensor, which I purchased and it's tan. I don't understand why I needed that when that exact part number (Summit's website) is listed for several newer cars. This is the first vehicle I've used Holley EFI, everything in the past has been MicroSquirt or Gold Box. Fairly reasonable to say that I'm completely lost.

Email a regular datalog of this no-start condition to Holley Tech Service (LINK) for analysis.
    (Please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Go manually through the wiring diagram and the cam sensor pin-outs. I suspect you need to swap pins A & C on the cam sensor. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    I suspect you need to swap pins A & C on the cam sensor. Andrew
    He says he did that in post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    He says he did that in post #1.
    I know Danny, I read that. In my experience, that bit of information is incorrect from Holley. Chased it for 5 hours before figuring it out. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Right, but if he changed it, that means he's tried it both ways. Meaning it didn't work either way.

Sounds like he changed it before trying to start.
    IG @projectgattago

Yeah, I guess that's possible, but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast