Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electrical interference between HyperSpark distributor & Sniper.

Pie pan is just sitting on the intake. Intake is clear coated. I also ordered a little AM radio use for finding the EMI/RF interference.

Any updates?
    Current Projects:
    62 Chevy II
    89 LX mustang

Yes, actually. I ended up having an injector that was bad, and stuck open. I sent the unit in to Holley, had all 4 injectors replaced, and they found a problem with the ECU as well. Once I got it back, which was literally less than a week. I reinstalled it retuned it as the old tune was apparently trying to compensate for the issues with the unit, and it has run awesome ever since without the need for the pie pan. Also of note, in going from my QF 750 to the Holley Sniper EFI, my best I went from a 12.06 to and 11.81, and there's more in it not to mention the ability to go to E85 which I have not yet tried. (Obviously, it will need a separate tune.)

Thanks for the update. Make a thread for when you start running E85. I currently have a 750 that's tuned for E85 and it was a pain in the butt. I'm curious to see how well the Sniper compensates for the different levels of E85.
    Current Projects:
    62 Chevy II
    89 LX mustang

Is there a way to run a flex fuel E85 Sniper? Or do you have to drain the tank and swap tunes? I absolutely love my flex fuel setup on my CTS-V. I make 580 RWHP on 91 octane, but make 702 RWHP on E50.

Quote Originally Posted by Pecker View Post
    Yes, actually. I ended up having an injector that was bad, and stuck open. I sent the unit in to Holley, had all 4 injectors replaced, and they found a problem with the ECU as well. Once I got it back, which was literally less than a week. I reinstalled it retuned it as the old tune was apparently trying to compensate for the issues with the unit, and it has run awesome ever since without the need for the pie pan. Also of note, in going from my QF 750 to the Holley Sniper EFI, my best I went from a 12.06 to and 11.81, and there's more in it not to mention the ability to go to E85 which I have not yet tried. (Obviously, it will need a separate tune.)
    How did you know something was wrong with it? I put aluminum foil between my HyperSpark distributor & Sniper and it runs great. Kinda weird.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123