Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help me understand my datalog. I have questions.

Default Please help me understand my datalog. I have questions.

I've had my Sniper in the car since January and have about 4300 miles on it so far. I'm impressed with how well it has run. So far I'm a happy customer.
    In late June, I took my car for a run down a drag strip. I attached the Config File & datalog to this post. It ran a 13.66 @ 101 MPH, not a rocket ship by any means.
    My questions are why it went rich before the 1-2 shift. If you look between the 12.5 sec mark and 13 sec mark of the datalog you can see what I mean. The AFR went to 9.6:1 even though the Target was 12:1. I noticed that at the same time it went from Closed Loop to Open Loop (also no Learn). That means it reverted to my Base Fuel Table if I understand this correctly. I can lean the Base Fuel Table in that area to fix that, but what I don't understand is WHY it suddenly went Open Loop. My fuel rate increased during that time frame and that's what made me look at the Open Loop status. I have things set for 100% Learn. CTS was about 168°. Please look at my setup and let me know why it happened. Danford1
    Last edited by danford1; 08-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.

You attached the text info file, not the actual Config File.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC

I edited the post and attached the correct file. I think. Danford1

Can anyone answer why it went to Open Loop for the 1/2 second during the 1-2 shift? Thanks. Danford1

If I had to guess, the drop in RPM from the shift caused it. A small spike may have registered on the WBO2 sensor.

I hate 30 second datalogs. I would rather see a 30 minute datalog with the same event happening five times to see if there's any consistency to what it's doing. Why so rich at WOT? I'd smooth your Fuel Graph so it doesn't need to use as much Closed Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon82 View Post
    If I had to guess the drop in rpm from the shift caused it. A small Spike may have registered on the sensor
    It isn't the drop in RPM at the shift. It goes Open Loop before the shift at about 6200 RPM, the shift was around 6500. I always read in this forum that we should include the datalog and config. If you look at the datalog at the 12.5 second mark, you can see it goes Open Loop and no Learn. Then about the 13 second mark it goes Closed Loop again. While it's Open Loop the fuel rate goes up and the AFR goes rich. I would like to know why so I can correct it. I turned on the data points and they are good, no blank spaces. Thanks. Danford1

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I hate 30 second datalogs.
    Yeah, a 30 second datalog is way too short.

I would rather see a 30 minute datalog with the same event happening five times to see if there's any consistency to what it's doing.
    I can do that with a 10 minute datalog.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yeah, I like to have a little fun when I'm out, so I end up with long datalogs so I can look at a bunch of different things.

I understand.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm sorry for the short datalog. I was at a dragstrip, a long datalog just isn't possible or necessary. I've been reading this forum a lot. When someone posts a long datalog they get criticized for it being long, and not focusing on the event. I then read where if someone has a problem they should post their datalog of the problem, hence a short datalog focusing on the problem. I can give you a 10 minute or 30 minute datalog of me driving around town but I don't see where that'll answer my original question. What caused it to go Open Loop from about the 12.5 second mark to the 13 second mark?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast