Thread: Closed Loop delay after startup?

Default Closed Loop delay after startup?

Hello all. I'm looking for the parameter in the V5 EFI software that adds a delay of Closed Loop control after startup, somehow I'm not finding it. What I have going is an HP EFI system installed in a boat, and it'll exhibit a rich condition after startup due to condensation on the WBO2 sensor. It clears up and functions normally after 60 seconds, but it'll blubber & cough during that time. I temporarily solved the issue by limiting Closed Loop Correction & Learn Compensation down to 10%, but delaying the Closed Loop control for a couple minutes after startup would be more desirable. Thanks
    Last edited by mgrant; 07-07-2019 at 10:09 AM.

I may be wrong, but I think the Closed Loop doesn't enable until after the "After Start Decay Rate" time expires. Do a little testing to verify.

Closed Loop will not activate in the presence of any cold start modifiers or until the After Start Decay time has expired (this is normally a few seconds). Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think the Closed Loop doesn't enable until after the "After Start Decay Rate" time expires. Do a little testing to verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Closed Loop will not activate in the presence of any cold start modifiers or until the After Start Decay time has expired (this is normally a few seconds). Andrew
    Correct. For clarity, Closed Loop is active during the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & Air/Fuel Ratio Offset periods. However, Learning begins when these two tables expire.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ing-Precedence (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for the replies. I'll experiment After Start Decay Settings, however it's working well with the Closed Loop & Learn settings at 10% and the idle area the map. The condensation occurs after I shutdown the engine after a run, and the steam in the exhaust hoses rises up into the exhaust manifold and where the WBO2 is located in the collector, where it condenses after the manifold cools. According to the datalog, the WBO2 will swing wildly for about 30 to 40 seconds, after which the condensation is blown out and the O2 settles in on the AFR. Perhaps Holley would incorporate a "Closed Loop Delay" after start and it's next software update? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Holley used to have that option in the one of the previous EFI software versions?

I don't believe there was ever a timed function as a condition to enter Closed Loop. I'd just play with the After Start Decay. Make it as long as you need, hopefully the EFI software allows you to go for as long as you need to. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Are you using an Innovate Motorsports Heat Sink Bung Extender? It may help keep some of the condensation off the sensor.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information - Read 5th paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Looks like a nifty little gadget, thanks for the tip! Just ordered it and will give it a try. I did go through one Bosch sensor already with this engine after only 10 hours. I swapped to an NTK, which is still going after 20 hours.