Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off idle, very rich, then lean, then OK. LOL

One step forward, 5 steps back. These systems are great for drag racing, but the complexity to iron out such small driveability problems compared to a carb is unreal. Going to see if I can find a local tuner to help with driveability or put my carb back on. One week trying to tune out a tip-in stumble, total waste of time. Every time a small change in one area is made the car goes bananas and I have to drive it several hours so it Learns back to where it was. I appreciate the help guys but the white towel has been thrown in.

I feel your pain, but the issue is not the EFI system. I'm not being a jerk when I say this, but the Config File you posted was a complete mess. You have two options, either take the time to go through and read the tuning manual and learn how to tune, or find someone in your area that knows what they're doing. I mentioned before that your fuel & spark tables have completely different load and RPM axes. How did that happen? Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

The entire tune was basically self Learn. The axis were changed to remove info I don't need to see and display info I need. You can change the axis ranges of the Base Fuel Table if needed. I needed to see up to 7500 RPM. I'd like to actually see if I can start from scratch as it ran much better then. However, after updating the firmware when I try to run the Wizard it says no file found. I can't win. Looking for info so I can run the Wizard again. Made too many changes, Wizard will be quicker!

What kind of cam is in this engine?
    IG @projectgattago

I'll post more info tomorrow. I just copied a fuel table from one of my older tunes and the car runs MUCH better. Just going to keep driving it. Do more reading/learning and go from there. Currently, I can barely feel the a bog when I tip-in or between shifts. Priority numero uno, back up tunes before I make changes!

When pulling a tune from the ECU, it's always best practice to do a "Save As" so you can always revert back to a previous tune.
    IG @projectgattago

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Yes, what camshaft, and other engine details?
    Regards, Gary

There is light at the end of this tunnel! I noticed that my AE MAP charts were not activating. I tried lower Blanking values before, so I tried lowering them even more. Look how much it cleaned up my initial tip-in AFR! Now I need to iron out the 1-2 shift and tweak from there.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
    Yes, what camshaft, and other engine details?
    And once again, details of the engine please, including the camshaft. Are we tuning a scooter or a pro-stocker?
    Regards, Gary

347 Stroker Ford
    AFR 205 Heads
    11.5:1 Compression
    Victor JR Intake
    Camshaft 624" lift, Duration 249° Intake, 255° Exhaust, LSA 109°
    Engine made 610 HP N/A. Street driven mainly, but runs 10.20 @ 130 MPH.

Last edited by 82GT4ME; 07-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast