Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off idle, very rich, then lean, then OK. LOL

Default Off idle, very rich, then lean, then OK. LOL

I have a driveability issue I've been chasing. Basically from a stop as I go with very light throttle, the AFR goes real rich, then over-corrects and goes real lean, then finally settles and goes on its way properly. From reading these forums, it's pointed me to my AE vs TPS RoC Blanking values. I confirmed through datalogs that with light throttle my AE table is activating which adds the excessive fuel which is the root of the problem. I dropped the AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value from 7 to 4 and the AE table is still activating. What other ways are there of fixing this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 82GT4ME View Post
    I dropped the AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value from 7 to 4 and the AE table is still activating. What other ways are there of fixing this issue?
    The AE vs TPS Rate of Change table.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9444#post29444 (EFI Acceleration Enrichment In Carburetion Terms)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, I'll try the change I made below. I'm also going to put the Blanking numbers back to 7 & 7 so I can try the correct method. I was thinking the Blanking numbers being lower would stop the AE from happening at slow throttle movement. Going to try the below change tomorrow.

After:

'92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Before messing around with AE, make sure your Base Fuel Table is spot on. Also remember, when AE is active, the system goes into Open Loop. When the Base Fuel Table is spot on, there's very little AE activity. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Acceleration Enrichment can't be tuned until the Base Fuel Table is well tuned.
    If you have a momentary lean spike, on light throttle acceleration, check
    your AE vs TPS/MAP RoC Blanking values (in Fuel Modifiers/Fuel Control):
    If they're 15 & 7, those are the old values from the V1 ECU firmware.
    Change the AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value to 4-6.
    Change the AE vs MAP RoC Blanking value to 5-7.
    Some users reported the need for an even lower TPS RoC Blanking value.
    Ensure there's no TPS/MAP RoC signal activity at idle, due to noise/kPa fluctuation.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....1379#post61379 (AE Tuning Information)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7925#post47925 (Additional AE Tuning Information For Stubborn Engines)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Before messing around with AE, make sure your Base Fuel Table is spot on. Also remember, when AE is active, the system goes into Open Loop. When the Base Fuel Table is spot on, there's very little AE activity. Andrew
    I agree, this is what my AE table is down to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	8418  

My Base Fuel Table is spot on, Learning in that area is never more than 1 or 2. This morning I changed my AE table. In the area that it's adding fuel at light acceleration, I have zeroed. This morning I gave it a try. How is the AE table STILL adding fuel in an area that is 0?

It will always show a TPS Rate of Change because you are moving the throttle. You need to look at the base fuel flow and compare it to actual fuel flow to see the increase in fuel. Then you can look to see what's adding the fuel (Closed Loop, Learn, MAP RoC, TPS RoC) or just a bad spot in the Base Fuel Table.

Boy I'm frustrated. LOL. I took a look and can't figure it out. If anyone wants to take a quick look at this datalog, that would be great, if you can find where the extra fuel is. Also attached my Global File:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3FhGganMEgh1zU28ihaZrqHdLl
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3FhGganMEgh112W7IOlIzn0ari

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast