Thread: Need carb info 8050B

Default Need carb info 8050B

I recently bought a Holley to replace the QuadraJet on my 454 and I need help identifying the carb to get a rebuild kit. The guy I got it from said it was a 750, but I'm not sure. It has no choke and the numbers on the side are 8050B and on top are 75493. Metering block reads 11761. What carb do I have, and is it good for a 454? Kit #? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Does it look like this: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...hevy-538016561? That's no 750. More like a 600 vacuum secondary. OK for a Streeter 454, but you might want a bigger carb. Some photos of your carb, including the base plate will help. Gary
    Regards, Gary

This is what I just got, hope you can see the pictures: https://offerup.co/qTN8nEciYX
    My 454 is in an '87 R30 was a factory TBI. Will this carb work for me?

Sorry, the link doesn't work. Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 07-02-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    Regards, Gary

OK, I can't figure out how to attach anymore pictures, but it does look like the one in your picture. But my carb has no choke at all and no choke tower, and the name on the side of mine reads "Holley performance". How do I post pictures?

Click on the "insert image" in the toolbar.

You probably have a 4th generation of an aftermarket emissions 600 cfm carb. This would be the 3rd revision of the original 80457 carb. These were an offshoot of the LIST 1850 600 cfm non-emissions universal carb.
    Here is a kit for it: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...t/parts/37-119
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91xvwwOgvNL._SX425_.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	8396
    Regards, Gary

Thank you! Do you think it will run well on my 454, or should I go with a newer 750? I'm trying to drive it occasionally and don't want terrible gas mileage.

What is your budget? What is this vehicle used for? A 600 would be still fine for a stock 454. Gary
    Regards, Gary

I don't want to spend too much more. The truck is just driven around town minimally, and occasionally pulls a 20 foot trailer a couple hours up to my cabin. Other than that, I like to squeal the tires here & there and the QuadraJet I'm running now bogs in & out occasionally. Could I build this carb for my application?

I haven't had this 454 apart yet, but it may have a mild cam. It looked recently rebuilt when I bought the truck (chrome accessories, painted block) I just ripped out the TBI and threw a carb setup at it. And thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate the knowledge!

If you have a spread-bore manifold and a QuadraJet now, then have the QuadraJet rebuilt professionally. Rebush throttle body, straighten main body and air horn, etc., some small fuel recalibration, and they can be weapon carb, and still more economical than a Holley. Your 600 Holley would be OK for your needs, but to be better than "out of the box" needs to run up on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor sniffing the exhaust. Gary
    Regards, Gary