Thread: Cooling Fan delay, Terminator 4BBL.

Default Cooling Fan delay, Terminator 4BBL.

Holley Terminator 550-405 with HP ECU V4. Is there a way to configure a delay in the fan outputs coming on? Right now, if coolant temp is calling for one or both fans, they come on with key switch. Would prefer a delay or something RPM related to turn them on if possible.

Read 4th paragraph: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...Fan-Holley-EFI (Wiring An Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny.
    "HP ECU Connectors: HP ECUs have four programmable Inputs and four programmable Outputs. When the software is configured for an HP ECU (under “Toolbox” and “Preferences”) it will only show these 4 available inputs and outputs. The physical wiring for these in the harness (on every terminated harness) is located on an 8-pin male Metri-Pak connector on the harness about 30” from the ECU connectors. An adapter harness to plug into this can be purchased under Holley PN 558-400."

Is that the adapter that I use #558-304 adapter to plug my small cap HEI into engine harness? If so, can I just pin a new wire into that harness to run to fan relays? I'd look myself, but it's freaking buried.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
    Thanks Danny.
    You're welcome.

Is that the adapter that I use #558-304 adapter to plug my small cap HEI into engine harness?
    No! The ignition adapter plugs into the 10-pin Ignition connector on the main harness.

If so, can I just pin a new wire into that harness to run to fan relays?
    Yes, because that's the Holley 558-420 Inputs/Outputs connector.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Man, I do not remember that unused Input\Output connector on the harness. I probably hid it inside the Techflex somewhere. Do you have a picture of it?

Do you have a picture of it?
    See Holley 558-420, page 4: https://documents.holley.com/199r10653rev10.pdf (Holley Terminator EFI Instruction Manual)

The Holley 558-420 Terminator EFI Input/Output Harness has the extra 4 Input wires & 1 Output wire that's not included in the Terminator Main Harness. http://documents.holley.com/199r10704.pdf (Holley 558-420 Terminator EFI Input/Output Harness)

My friend that has been helping with my tune found the pins for the pre-configured fan outputs in my GCF and customized them to have two triggers, and RPM based one and a CTS one. This worked like a champ and I didn't have to touch a single wire. Thanks for your quick replies & help Danny.

My friend that has been helping with my tune found the pins for the pre-configured fan outputs in my GCF and customized them to have two triggers, and RPM based one and a CTS one. This worked like a champ and I didn't have to touch a single wire.
    Yep, it's all in this post: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...Fan-Holley-EFI (Wiring An Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI)

Thanks for your quick replies & help Danny.
    You're welcome.