Thread: Air Filter Style

Question Air Filter Style

What style of air filter do you recommend? I have little space under the hood, 14x2 + filter cap. I thought to put a cold air intake & filter cone, but I do not know if it'll be restrictive. The engine is normal aspirated. I saw a video in a dyno where they tried a Holley EFI (I think) with a round filter and a cone filter, and I can not find it.
    1970 Dodge GTX - Small Block Mopar 418ci - HP EFI Terminator TBI

Can you try a lower drop base with a 14"x3"?
    Regards, Gary

Yes, I had a drop base. I use a single plane +1" spacer + Holley Terminator TBI.

Maybe you might try this, and then plumb it to a cold air filtered source: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spectre-...frcectupt=true. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Will it be restrictive?

You won't know until you try one, but with a 4 inch inlet, I can't see why it'd be restrictive. Gary
    Regards, Gary

You're right! That's why I'm searching for the video where they test an EFI with a cowl induction, a round filter and no filter.