Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5" TSLCD has no fan status.

1. Angry 3.5" TSLCD has no fan status.

I'm running (switching) my electric fans using the Terminator ECU. After upgrading to V5, and now V5.100 software, I noticed the fan status on the 3.5" touchscreen no longer works. Just blank values. Fan status on laptop works when hooked up, but not on TS. Anyone have similar issues?
    1986 Ford Thunderbird: Custom ROUSH 427 SBF/DART SHP Big Bore Block, AFR Heads, Holley Terminator EFI, Holley Smart Coils, custom valve cover coil bracket.
    "T-birds are like the red headed step son of the Fox body family...but we still love 'em the same."

You're supposed to be using V5 Build 110 EFI software/ECU firmware. Build 100 had bugs.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You're supposed to be using V5 Build 110 EFI software/ECU firmware. Build 100 had bugs.
    My apologies. I'm using the 110 version. Just double checked the Global File I downloaded. I used the "Complete Set" option from website and it includes the 110 versions and handheld FWU file labeled: tslcd35st_fw_05000050
    1986 Ford Thunderbird: Custom ROUSH 427 SBF/DART SHP Big Bore Block, AFR Heads, Holley Terminator EFI, Holley Smart Coils, custom valve cover coil bracket.
    "T-birds are like the red headed step son of the Fox body family...but we still love 'em the same."

4. Default

Still no fan status.

Are you using the Electric Fan #1/#2 Outputs in Basic I/O (System ICF), or custom created Outputs in the Inputs/Outputs ICF?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

6. Default

This is how I've had it ever since I installed the EFI system.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	8399 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	8400

EDIT: I was mistaken. The Electric Fans #1/#2 "Always On With A/C" option is only displayed if using the A/C IAC Kick function.

8. Default

Am I still outta luck? Should I update firmware again? If so, what's your process for updating it?

The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK). If this is the case, contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK). If this is the case, contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    And just to double check, after you download and install the new V5 desktop software from Holley, you then hook up your laptop to ECU, open software and select "Update Firmware"? I downloaded the "V5 Build 110 Complete File Set".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast