Thread: LS 24x/4x combo with 58x harness.

Default LS 24x/4x combo with 58x harness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OChfI5i2S3Y
    Just to confirm, I can use the 58x crank sensor with the 24x, 4x engine combination with a 58x harness, and just configure the Custom Ignition Parameters 24x, 4x?

Yes, read Step #6: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

If you have a 24x crank too, you have to use the +12V 24 tooth crank sensor. It will work fine with the 58 tooth harness. You'll have to break the alignment tab in the crank sensor in order for the plug to fit. Also, double check the actual pin-outs on the cam sensor. We swapped the wires as per the video, but it turned out we didn't have to. Does your engine have the little cam sensor sub-harness, or are you plugging directly into the cam sensor? The sub-harness actually swaps pins A & C. Just double check all that. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

That's not my understanding, but I have no problem doing whatever it's going to take.

I have a running 58x/4x combo, using the Holley LS2 harness, no sub-harness. I will be swapping engines. The new engine is 24x/4x. It was my understanding, I'd use the 58x sensor. P1A A30 will still receive the crank input. No issue with cam sensor, both engines are 4x. I'd only need to reconfigure my Ignition Type to Custom 24x/4x? And do no wiring modifications?

You have to use the Gen 3 crank sensor with the 24x reluctor. The Holley video makes that pretty clear. I've worked on a 24x/4x engine, and we used the Gen 3 crank sensor and the Gen 4 cam sensor in the front with the Holley Gen 4 harness. Andrew
    Last edited by andrewb70; 06-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    IG @projectgattago

I'm sorry, I may be missing it. I didn't pickup on where he said the crank sensor had to stay consistent with the reluctor or the harness. If it was intended for someone to remove the tang from the connector I think it would have been mentioned. I take it that the crank sensor can stay consistent to the harness. With the ECU looking for 3.5 volts I would "think" either would work.

Watch it again. I just did all this. Between the 1 & 2 minute marks. Tom talks about how the 24x and the 58x crank sensors are not interchangeable. Andrew
    Last edited by andrewb70; 06-25-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    IG @projectgattago

Did you ever get this going? Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

No sir. Still have the 58x/4x engine in it. The 24x/4x engine isn't ready yet. Thanks for the input, I'm getting a 24x sensor. I understand now that the sensor and crank need to match. Holley confirmed your answer when I commented the question on the tech video. Thanks again.