Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel pump relay control voltage low.

I did the updates again and made a Global File. It starts up now, will not idle by itself yet, but you can keep it running with your foot. IAC at KOEO is around 50%, and it changes while engine is running, have not checked TPS voltage, throttle blade position, or checked for vacuum leaks yet. I will this afternoon. Thanks for all the help so far. Mike

UPDATE: TPS is correct, throttle blade looks good, will not idle on its own. Does not even try to idle, but the IAC shows to be changing. If you hold it at low idle, it's around 13%.

Default Won't Idle

HP on a TPI engine. Starts but will not idle by itself. You can keep it running with your your foot. Everything looks good, IAC says it's working correctly, but it won't idle. Is it possible that it could be reading correctly, but not actually working correctly? I think I've attached the correct file, will pull IAC motor and check if it's moving.
    Attached Files Attached Files

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....e-Tuning-Notes (EFI Idle Tuning Notes)

That attachment is not your Global File (HEFI File), that's just the information Text Document (.hefi.info file).
    For further assistance, post your Global File and a short datalog of this occurrence for us to analyze.
    Also, review the datalog and inform us of exactly where in the datalog (time/seconds) the problem occurs.
    Datalog & Global Files must be linked to a document hosting website. I use Dropbox.com.
    Files can also be "zipped" (compressed zipped folder) & attached directly to a forum post.
    Your Global File is in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V4", "Global Files" folder (.hefi file).
    Your Datalogs are in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V4", "Datalogs" folder (.V4.dl file).
    Someone will analyze/troubleshoot the problem & offer advice. Also, ensure all this is right:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    HP on a TPI engine. Starts but will not idle by itself. You can keep it running with your your foot. Everything looks good, IAC says it's working correctly, but it won't idle. Is it possible that it could be reading correctly, but not actually working correctly? I think I've attached the correct file, will pull IAC motor and check if it's moving.
    IAC wiring not correct for that IAC? That was my initial problem.
    Thanks to the info on this board from Danny & others, it was figured out: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...neral-IAC-Info
    "You can test the IAC motor function by changing the IAC Parked Position % (cycle the ignition key off/on
    after each change), turn key-on/engine-off, unplug the wire connector, remove it from the throttle body,
    and verify the pintle position (or just look down the IAC passage in throttle body). Try this at 0% & 100%."

I think I figured it out. I haven't tried it yet, but base map injector size was 36 lb/hr. It came to me one night, it has 24 lb/hr injectors in it. I figure that's why it takes so long to start and will not run at idle. I'll try after lunch.

I posted this link twice in this thread: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12