Thread: LS Coils E85 Nitrous

Default LS Coils E85 Nitrous

Has anyone had issues with LS coils not enough spark? I'm running the truck heat sink coils.
    Car runs fine on 150 shot on E85. It is using 550 lb/h at 11.2 AFR. Tune seems spot on plugs look good and it's making some steam.
    Introduce a 300 shot it runs down the track using 690 lb/hr at 11.2, but it doesn't pick up anything. No ET and No MPH.

Well I started with replacing the TC. Same issue.
    Thought it was under timed (added 3° and nipped a plug).
    Leaned it out to 11.6 AFR ET and MPH still same as 150 shot WAY too low.

Fuel pressure is steady and injector duty cycle is at 62% Holley 120.
    Leak down & compression looked fine every. 2% across the board and 90 PSI on 1st pump.
    -6 from bottle to intake. Running (2) bottles. Its a stinger 2 plate kit from Nitrous Outlet.
    Plugs are -9 .030" gap.
    Now I'm thinking it must be an electrical thing? Maybe time to upgrade coils? Would an increase in Dwell Time help with this?

What's your Dwell Time set at?

4.5 msec. I datalogged it & looked. That seems to be the settings that is default from Holley.

Your AFR is way too rich. Also, truck heat sink coils can't go more than 4.5 msec. I'd say 4.5 is too much, they may auto-fire.