Thread: New install almost finished, comments, question & photo.

Default New install almost finished, comments, question & photo.

Hi. I want to thank everyone who gave me hints and instructions on my new install on a 1987 Firebird 305 engine. I thought I had a smooth idle with my carb, not so. The idle on the Sniper is unbelievable. I have it running at 600 RPM at idle and you could put a glass of water and it will not shake. Needles to say, I'm very pleased. And a big thank you to Chris for all his help. Of course I have a little problem. I'm not familiar with how to bump up RPM when the A/C goes on. My compressor works on 12V positive. I have read page 8 on the instructions, but don't understand. It appears this is the last niggle in the install. Any guidance you can give me will be appreciated. Louis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	8337

2. Default

Just wire a 12V relay coil in parallel with the compressor. Then use the switched set of contacts as a Ground Trigger for Snipers A/C Input. Or look at a Trinary Switch instead of a Binary Switch. Snipers A/C input will temporarily raise Idle (A/C IAC Kick) to help overcome the compressor startup. It can also control the first stage of electric fans when active.
    1970 XW Fairmont (presented as a GT Falcon Replica), 351 Cleveland with Aussie 302 2V closed chamber heads. Edelbrock F351 2V dual plane intake manifold. Camtech CT21544 (234/238@050", 570/579lift, 2600-6200rpm quoted range, 110lobes) 1.73:1 roller rockers. AOD Transmission. Ford 9" 3.5 Diff ratio. Pacemaker #PH4050 2v Tri-Y extractors to 2.5" Hi Flow V-Tex merge pipe with dual 2.5" exhaust through Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers. Holley Sniper EFI 4150 Super Sniper 650 with HyperSpark Ignition.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...613#post206613 (A/C IAC Kick Compressor Clutch Input - Posts #8, #10 & #12)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8779#post98779 (High Idle Function vs A/C IAC Kick Function)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...210#post107210 (Sniper EFI Electric Fan Relay Ground Outputs)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks, Guys, appreciate your input. Knowing that it's triggered by ground gives me several options. Louis