Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Like the title says just wanted to say Hello. I've been working on cars as a hobby for as long as I can remember. Started off with my Dad, continued on with my friends and now my kids. Have a '70 Mustang that I'm interested in converting to EFI. I've narrowed it down to a Holley Sniper or MSD unit. Right now swaying a little more towards the Sniper.

The car is a '70 Mach 1, originally a M code 4BBL Cleveland with a C6. Last thing I was working on was swapping in an AOD. Started putting the AOD in and that's where life happen and progress stopped. So the AOD is bolted in, need to finish the cooler lines and TV cable setup. Still debating on swapping the VB for one of the Constant pressure ones from Silver Fox. Fuel tank leaks so plan on getting the Aeromotive Stealth II tank. Looking at the Holley Sniper setup, getting it installed and running with my current ignition setup that's a MSD ignition box (it's the 6 series), MSD distributor and coil. Possible in the future after it's running, swapping to the Holley ignition setup that integrates with the Sniper. Questioning intake choices, at the moment I have a Edelbrock dual-plane just not sure which one, plan on verifying that this weekend. Debating if I should go with a single-plane to help with idle issues I've read about with this style EFI and dual-plane intakes. Thoughts? Oh and the rear gear is a 3.73 limited slip. If going with a single-plane I'm currently looking at a Edelbrock Torker I can possibly score for a little over 100 or a Holley Street Dominator that's about twice the cost. Car also has a shaker that isn't going to not be used. Car is mainly a cruiser and I would like to eventually do some HRPT events or things of that sort with it.
    Last edited by Grabber70Mach; 06-13-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Add information

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
    Debating if I should go with a single-plane to help with idle issues I've read about with this style EFI and dual-plane intakes. Thoughts?
    Oh no...not this again. I can't believe I'm still reading about this fallacy. https://forums.holley.com/showthread...682#post214682 (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes, fallacy alright. If a carb can deliver equal A/F ratio for each side of a dual-plane, then EFI can do it that much better. Those that have issues usually have other problems, like intake vacuum leaks, etc. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Thank You both for the replies & information. I'll stay with the intake that I have and proceed with my plans for the EFI.