Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Starting Problems

Default Hot Starting Problems

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem I have with the Commander 950 system multi-port fuel injection on my big block. For some reason it fires right up when it's cold, but after warming up and running for a bit, it won't start again until it's cold again. Anybody have this issue? I've changed put a brand new distributor in it, therefore the module can be the problem, but ever since I've installed the system this is the problem I've had. Please help.

Decrease the cranking fuel at the hot engine temperatures.
    (Please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. That paragraph was one long, run-on sentence.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Sorry, my bad. I'm just frustrated with this system. Thank you for the info, I'll try that first thing.

You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

When you're talking about decreasing the the cranking fuel at hot engine temps, would that be under Acceleration Enrichment or would that be under Modifiers?

Neither of those! In the Commander 950, cranking fuel is Cranking Pulse Width (msec) in Startup Enrichment.

Okay, so approximately how many milliseconds would you change it by? And you have to make the change all the way through from beginning to end, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gerald67 View Post
    Okay, so approximately how many milliseconds would you change it by?
    I don't even know what yours is at now. Try decreasing it by one point at a time.

And you have to make the change all the way through from beginning to end, correct?
    No, not necessarily the entire temperature scale.

OK, been playing with the pulse, and also found that once the car gets to operating temp, it loses spark. But if I don't shut the car off it will run till I do. I had replaced the module thinking once hot, it stops working, but that's not the problem either. I have since then replaced the distributor, and same thing. What else could it be?

I don't know what's wrong with your ignition system, if there's something wrong. Yes, ignition module is the typical hot failure item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast