Thread: Fixing something that isn't broken.

I'm running the Ford 5.0L TPS & IAC and they're working perfectly. This car has been running flawless since things came together a couple months ago, but I hate seeing that IAC plug loose knowing I could free up a resource for the Meth control, fan or anything else with the PWM being used for the traditional Ford IAC. So if I just buy a standard Holley throttle body with GM IAC & TPS setup (I currently have my TPS adapted to plug into the Ford), plug the IAC in proper harness, update the PWM configuration and zero the pedal will the HP compensate and have good control over the idle using the GM style IAC? Or should I just leave it alone? I have a standard 4150 elbow (Edelbrock 3848), so just about any TB would bolt up to it. Any performance or functional hit? Thoughts? My dad is no longer with me, but he would for sure tell me I'm crazy for thinking about it.
    OK, are there any Holley 4-bolt GM type throttle bodies that are under $400? I'm thinking this choice is going to be REALLY easy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHack View Post
    So if I just buy a standard Holley throttle body with GM IAC & TPS setup (I currently have my TPS adapted to plug into the Ford), plug the IAC in proper harness, update the PWM configuration and zero the pedal will the HP compensate and have good control over the idle using the GM style IAC?
    Yes, the HP EFI can operate a 2-wire PWM type Ford IAC or a 4-wire Stepper type GM or Chrysler IAC. Your Holley EFI main harness should already be wired for the latter. You also have the option of installing a remote 4-wire IAC valve (LINK) that would plug into your main harness.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

If you want to go that way, no need to buy a new TB. You can use an adapter for the GM IAC: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-307022
    '95 Lightning, HP EFI, 351W, S472SX-E, 20 PSI, pump & W/M

I should've suggested this, however, that's the wrong one (thread-in IAC motor with square connector). I use a similar adapter, except from Accufab (LINK). It accepts the 2-bolt mounted type IAC motor (Holley/Chrysler IAC LINK), which has the 4-pin flat connector that's plug & play with the Holley EFI main harness.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes, even better option ^.
    '95 Lightning, HP EFI, 351W, S472SX-E, 20 PSI, pump & W/M

Yeah, it's easy and it'll make one more output available.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I should've suggested this, however, that's the wrong one (thread-in IAC motor with square connector). I use a similar adapter, except from Accufab (LINK). It accepts the 2-bolt mounted type IAC motor (Holley/Chrysler IAC LINK), which has the 4-pin flat connector that's plug & play with the Holley EFI main harness.
    NICE! And Idle is consistent? If so, then that's the ticket. Everything looks so tidy except for that bastage IAC wire. I even tried to make it look pretty and it stands out like a sore thumb.

Yes, it idles the same as any other IAC. There's links to pictures in this thread at detail #3:
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...464#post100464 (Related Fox Mustang/Holley EFI Forum Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    If your throttle body accepts a Ford IAC motor, you may want to use it. The Ford IAC is supposedly faster, greater airflow and more expensive (for a reason).
    I was going through that (I had seen it before but never for the 4-wire Stepper) and I caught this piece of text. Is that as crucial as it sounds? I'm still going with the Accufab and Holley IAC as you have. It looks like there are some pretty established parameters to use. As always, Thanks Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHack View Post
    I was going through that (I had seen it before but never for the 4-wire Stepper) and I caught this piece of text. Is that as crucial as it sounds?
    No, you won't even notice any difference. (That's an old quote of mine.)

As always, Thanks Danny.
    You're welcome.