Thread: Tablet monitor for Dominator?

Default Tablet monitor for Dominator?

Hey gang. I can get a "Windows RT Surface model 1516". Question is, will this work as a monitor for my Dominator, so I can make changes on the road? I only ask because I've searched this and get conflicting answers. I also have a new 12.9 iPad Pro, but assume that will not do the job either, due to it being a completely different operating system. Thanks in advance.

Windows RT will not work. And the Surface tablet I had with RT could not be upgraded to a full version of Windows.

It must be a Windows operating system, since the Holley EFI software is a Windows based program. It should also be a larger tablet because it needs enough screen resolution so it doesn't skew the EFI software display. Do a search for "tablet", this has been discussed several times.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks BoostedCP.
    I'll get on the search bar, thank you Danny. I figured it was Windows based, but thought I'd check in before I picked this RT unit up.

Yep, you're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hey Danny, I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I got this tablet setup over the weekend and downloaded the V5 Build 110 file set to it. I'm having trouble with it though. I've downloaded to my previous laptop with no issues in the past. I've asked a few pals and they say it's easy to do, but no one can explain how to. I'm getting the firmware notification stating I'm running 5.0 Build 100 and need to update the firmware before I can write to the (program). How do I go about updating the firmware I thought I did that when I downloaded the new file set what am I missing. I assume it's just transferring it to the ECU?

Read "How To Update ECU Firmware" document above the sentence in red print:

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    EFI Software & ECU Firmware Versions:
    EFI SOFTWARE: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    ECU FIRMWARE: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest EFI software & ECU firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

Latest V5 EFI Software & ECU Firmware:
    The latest Holley EFI V5 software & firmware can be downloaded HERE.
    Read the V5 Software Overview document HERE, or in the EFI software "Help" Contents.
    Successfully install the new V5 EFI software (laptop), before installing the V5 ECU firmware.
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)

Yeah, I feel silly! I totally forgot about the Help ? menu. I realized it was there after I posted my question on here. At any rate I genuinely appreciate your time & efforts in assisting me. Thank you again, Danny.

You're welcome.