Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminator X Max DBW Error (9)

Default Terminator X Max DBW Error (9)

Any idea what this means? Just wired up my C5 Corvette from the HP I was running to this Terminator X MAX so I could control my DBW, and I'm getting this error during TPS Autoset.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0422#post10422 (TPS Wiring, Autoset Error/Troubleshooting)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I don't see any specifics as to what Error 9 is. Do you know?
    I confirmed all 5V & grounds at pedal and throttle body is good. I need to find a way to rig up my reader to read TPS signals next. This is on a C5 corvette, the pedal has three TPS sensors and my part number of throttle body is not listed in the drop down.
    However, quite a few people have had their Dominators working on a C5, so I see no reason why mine won't. These same people didnt do their own installs, so they can't help me as to how it was wired.

I'm so confused. Let me explain my conclusion. The C5 pedal has three TPS sensors, but from my research, only TPS 1 & TPS 2 are used.
    TPS 1 at 0% pedal is supposed to be under 1V and over 2V at 100% pedal according to GM. I'm getting a reading of .02V & .09V.
    TPS 2 at 0% pedal is supposed to be over 4V and under 3.9V at 100% pedal according to GM. I'm getting a reading of .45V & .19V.
    TPS 3 for sake of testing at 0% pedal is supposed to be over 3.8V and under 3.1V at 100% pedal according to GM. I'm getting a reading of .18V & .11V.
    Before I repinned the harness, everything worked fine.

Are you sure that the DBW ICF is loaded? Andrew

Yup. However my throttle body type isn't listed in the drop down. Don't know if that matters for sake of testing these TPS signals from the pedal.

What TB are you using? If yours is not listed, then it is not supported.

Stock C5 LS1/LS6 throttle body 17113669. It's not in the drop down, but it's in the Terminator manual. But again, I do not see the correlation between throttle body & pedal. Unless I'm missing an internal correlation completely.

What pedal are you using? C5?

Yes I am. I wired it into the TPS 1 & TPS 2 signals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast