Thread: Wet Progressive Nitrous Stage Timing Retard

Default Wet Progressive Nitrous Stage Timing Retard

A little confused. (If every stage is a “retard”, the retard is based/removed from whatever timing is commanded by the Base Timing Table. The retards are additive.)

If I'm bringing my stage in from 40% to 100% over two seconds time, and I need to retard 14° throughout the progression, can you tell me what do put in the table? I initially thought the numbers were subtractions, but that wasn't happy and then I thought putting the actual timing I wanted in there was the answer, but that wasn't happy either. The only way I got it to half way work was to make it non-progressive and use fixed timing. But I'd rather do it progressive. Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    The retards are additive. I initially thought the numbers were subtractions...
    Yes, the N2O Timing Retard subtracts from the Base Timing Table. The Timing Retards are combined (a better word than additive).
    FYI: There was a Nitrous ICF timing "bug" in V4 that is resolved in V5. Read pages 9 & 10:
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...teoverview.pdf (Holley EFI V5 Software Overview)

If I'm bringing my stage in from 40% to 100% over two seconds time, and I need to retard 14° throughout the progression, can you tell me what do put in the table?
    Which table are you referring to? N2O retard is accomplished in the Nitrous ICF, not the Base Timing Table.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes sir, I am referring to the Timing Retard in the Nitrous ICF.

I got my ? answered.
    I thought maybe it was cumulative but its not..
    Last edited by Tonk; 05-24-2019 at 04:46 PM.