Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing jumps between 12° & 17° at idle, HyperSpark.

Default Timing jumps between 12° & 17° at idle, HyperSpark.

Hello. System runs OK, idle also great, but what I see is the spark jumps between 12° & 17° at idle. I see it also with the timing lamp. Ford 302 HO, B303 cam. What can I do to solve this? Regards, Erik

That's normal. The Idle Spark control varies the ignition timing to help stabilize the idle RPM. It can be temporarily be disabled (Idle ICF) when viewing the idle timing with a timing light.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Is it in some menu where I can disable this?

I answered this in post #2, in reference to the Sniper EFI software (Idle ICF, IAC Settings, Idle Spark). It's on the 3.5" TSLCD as well, just look around. (EDIT: See post #11 below.)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Mrmini, if you mean can you permanently disable it the answer is yes. It's a check box in the software as Danny described.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmini View Post
    Is it in some menu where I can disable this?
    Why would you want to disable it?

I'm hoping he wants to verify the ignition timing synchronization with a timing light.

Maybe, but based on his first question I'm thinking he just doesn't like the fact that the ignition timing is moving around. He might not understand that's the way the Sniper maintains the idle speed. I could be wrong, which is why I asked.

I know...I thought of that too. That's why I stated, "I'm hoping he wants to verify the ignition timing synchronization with a timing light."

Yes, so I can check the timing with the timing light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast