Thread: Choke Pull-Off

Default Choke Pull-Off

I have a 80437-13. I see no provisions for adjusting the choke pull-off. There is no piston in the choke housing. Also no vacuum diaphram for choke pull-off. After starting the choke does not open at all until the spring starts to warm up, so the engine is over rich and does not run correctly. How's the choke pull-off accomplished with this carb?

Sure it is not 80457? 600 Street Warrior.
    It has a short choke plate that doesn't shut the tower completely closed.
    You might need to back off the choke coil assembly.
    Hopefully you have the choke coil connected correctly to 12V positive & ground. Gary
    Regards, Gary

I will check the number again. My choke plate does close the tower completely. 12V is verified to the choke coil. So there is no provision for choke pull-off? Choke is completely closed even after engine startup. Which is why it barely runs until the choke warms up. Well let me re-think that. The choke blade is fully contacting the choke horn at the top, but it may not make contact at the bottom farther down inside. Will have to check that. Is that where the choke blade is short, at the bottom? Thanks!
    Last edited by Rebuildman; 05-21-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Yes, the bottom half of the flap under the choke shaft could be "short" in the middle area so the engine can breath. Here's a good writeup on the choke pull-off piston adjustment: https://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0...arburetor.html. Gary
    Regards, Gary

This carb has NO provisions for choke pull-off adjustments. So the adjustment info is not relevant. But thanks for the reply.

So there's no piston inside the choke housing now? Gary
    Regards, Gary