Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the fuel bowls on a 4150 be reversed?

Default Can the fuel bowls on a 4150 be reversed?

I need the fuel inlet on the driver side. They look the same, but have different part numbers. The only thing I can find is the height of the sight plug may be different. Thanks.

Yes, you can do that, but the fuel lines must be routed safely away from the throttle linkage. That's why the factory way is more logical for safety.
    If you have adjusted the levels correctly now, then when you remove the bowls, you can measure the float heights, and then adjust the floats accordingly.
    Of course, that will now make the level plugs useless, but if you need to go up or down, I would paint one flat or a center punch mark, so you know where the adjustment is. Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 05-21-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Regards, Gary

Aftermarket or some Dominator fuel bowls come with both sides drilled to use as an inlet, and the sight plugs are at the same level.

Thanks. I'm using Russel 120° fittings so it clears.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Aftermarket or some Dominator fuel bowls come with both sides drilled to use as an inlet, and the sight plugs are at the same level.
    That's correct, but I don't think the OP wants to spend the money.
    Regards, Gary

You're correct. I have a Proform 650 on the car now, but I want to try my 850. I could always use the Proform bowls, but I want to keep them together for now.

What's a good starting point for brass center hung floats?

A dry setting should have the float top surface level with the top of the bowl, or centered in the bowl.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CENTER_HUNG_FLOAT_DRY_SETTING1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	8240
    Regards, Gary

Thanks, that's where I set them to.

Is 1.5 turns the starting point for the idle mixture screws?

It fired right up, but I have a lean spot as I open the throttle. Past 1/4 it goes up past 16.1. I used the same size power valve as the old carb. I'm thinking the jets are too small. I think they were the ones that were still in there.

What is the list number of this carb? What size for any jet that you know of in there, mains, idle feed, airs, etc.? 1.5 turns out says the idle circuit is lean. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast