Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can the fuel bowls on a 4150 be reversed?

I was able to use a screwdriver bit on a quarter inch wrench and back the secondary screw off. Maybe three quarters to a full turn. I opened up the primary idle screw and reset it to two turns on the mixer screws. After starting it I had to turn out the screws to about two and a half turns and it came down to about 14 to 1. So tomorrow I'll try and back it off a little bit more.

Just make sure you don't back the secondary off beyond sitting on the stop screw. They should be open at least 1/4 turn past contacting the lever.
    Regards, Gary

OK, thanks. Hopefully this weekend I can take it for another drive.

I took a piece of paper and it slipped through the lever, so I sent the screw back in and opened the mixture screw another turn. I also put the lightest springs in the advance for the distributor. This increased the driveability a lot. I couldn't really test it out because I had to strap my kid in the car and he didn't want to go fast.

Ha ha. Sounds like you're getting there Leon. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123