Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Base Fuel Table under Learn temp?

OK so I finally talked to a tech at Holley on the phone. He said only use the FW0101 folder in the SD card to save Global Config files. And even though I had done it before, this time it worked! I also got my CAN USB dongle in the mail from Holley and it wouldn’t recognize the ECU when plugged in and on. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the PC software and now it communicates like a champ allowing live tuning and dashboard and also offline tuning. A little bit of learning curve, but I’m figuring it out. At least I’ll be ready to hit the chassis dyno this Wednesday and we can tune efficiently with the laptop. Thanks Fellas.

Default More concise Coolant Temp Enrichment Q

I posted a confused and confusing question about this earlier. After more reading and trying to understand here goes a hopefully better educated version of the question: I’m looking at a datalog of warmup from 80° ambient to 160° where Learning takes over. My CL Comp is in a good minimal range when over 110°, so I’m trying to recurve the CTE below 110. Below 80° will be an educated guess until it gets colder outside.

Let’s only deal with the CTE data point at 80°. The stock CTE is 115 there. So 15% enrichment over base right? At that temp my Closed Loop Compensation is at +50%. So if I read your linked post correctly Danny, I want to increase the CTE by 50% which would be +7.5 greater at the 80° data point?

Secondary question: Is it possible in the Sniper software to change the scale from -40° to 260° in CTE to something more usable for my climate like -10° to 180°? With only 16 data points to edit the resolution is poor and my hot-rod will never see -40° or 260°.

Thanks for your patience with all my questions. Some of this stuff seems obvious after you’ve done it a while, but I’m still on the bottom edge of the Learning curve. I’m used to making jets from brass set screws and curving distributors with springs and welding up advance slots. I’m not a novice tuner just a Sniper/EFI newbie. Radar
    Last edited by Radarsonwheels; 05-21-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarsonwheels View Post
    Secondary question: Is it possible in the Sniper software to change the scale from -40° to 260° in CTE to something more usable for my climate like -10° to 180°? With only 16 data points to edit the resolution is poor and my hot-rod will never see -40° or 260°.
    Yes, I've done the same thing. Here's some information about it: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...1-Thanks-Danny! (Starting from post #6.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. My math concept is correct now? And in that thread you discuss changing the temp values. Sorry IÂ’m a dummy, what do I do with the mouse/cursor on the computer to change them?

Be careful doing this. I changed the scale on mine and found the enrichment I had programmed to be 100%, or off by 140° was still enriching up to 170°+. Noticed it because it stopped Learning. Changed the scale back and all is good. May not happen to you, but be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarsonwheels View Post
    I posted a confused and confusing question about this earlier. After more reading and trying to understand here goes a hopefully better educated version of the question: I’m looking at a datalog of warmup from 80° ambient to 160° where Learning takes over. My CL Comp is in a good minimal range when over 110°, so I’m trying to recurve the CTE below 110. Below 80° will be an educated guess until it gets colder outside.

Let’s only deal with the CTE data point at 80°. The stock CTE is 115 there. So 15% enrichment over base right? At that temp my Closed Loop Compensation is at +50%. So if I read your linked post correctly Danny, I want to increase the CTE by 50% which would be +7.5 greater at the 80° data point?

Thanks for your patience with all my questions. Some of this stuff seems obvious after you’ve done it a while, but I’m still on the bottom edge of the Learning curve. I’m used to making jets from brass set screws and curving distributors with springs and welding up advance slots. I’m not a novice tuner just a Sniper/EFI newbie. Radar
    If you're adding 50% to 115° enrichment, something is way off. Either the Base Fuel Table is off or you need a much steeper curve in the enrichment table. And no, I don't think your math is correct. Adding 7.5 isn't going to be the same as 50% CL Compensation. Take a look at your datalog and see what the fuel flow is at that point and then compare it to the fuel flow in the Base Fuel Table. For example, if the Base Fuel Table is 10 lb/hr, then the 115 would take that to 11.5 lb/hr and another 50% would take it to 17.25 lb/hr. So if your Base Fuel Table is X the total fuel flow should be 1.725x. But verify in your datalogs before you make the changes.

Also, if your CL Compensation is exactly 50% then that's probably due to your Closed Loop Limits being set at 50%. Double check that first. If you're hitting the limits, you should change the limits before you proceed.

Be aware that when you rescale the axes, the data points in the cells do not change with it. You have to re-do all of the data cells manually. If you only change the scale, then yes your enrichment will be way off.

Tune your CTE in real time. Connect to the ECU with your laptop, start the car up, open the CTE table and you will see where it's running. Change the appropriate values to lower the CL percentage.

Yes, you can do it that way if you're quick. If you'd like to manually tune any table while the engine is running, read below:
    Left click & drag to select a group of cells, then use the CTRL & Arrow keys (▲►▼◄) to change the highlighted cell values.
    The ▲ & ▼ arrow keys adjust the Base Fuel Table slowly (one tenth at a time). The ◄ & ► arrow keys adjust it rapidly.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12