Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash not reading right.

Default Digital Dash not reading right.

I've checked all the connections, tried doing a manual update and double checked I have the can output set for Holley, but for some reason the dashes gauges are showing random readings. They show up as normal on the laptop. I did upgrade the ECU to V5 a while back and been too busy to do much more with it since.

Did you update the Digital Dash as well? I have two 3.5" touchscreens. When I updated the ECU to the latest version, I updated one touchscreen. When I turned the ECU on, the updated touchscreen worked fine, but the other one which was also a version 5 but an earlier build, turned on but the display did not work properly. Things like the CTS display would increase when the throttle was pressed. Do you have the same build in all the devices?

I could not find the build on the Digital Dash. I tried to do the manual update in the Configuration screen, and it did its dance and turned off/on, but the readings were the same.

Did you download the Version 5 Build 110 Complete File Set from the Holley website?

Yes, ensure it isn't V5 Build 100. Download the latest V5 HERE.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm not sure exactly which build it was, but it was V5. I also noticed the LED light bar is not lit up as normal. Looking at the dash instructions, I don't see anything there about updates. I did take it out a while back and it has me wondering if I maybe could have swapped the CAN1 & CAN2 harnesses on the back, or if this is an update related problem.

I don't think the Holley 553-107 LED Light Bar has updates; it just needs V4 or later Digital Dash firmware. The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I can't find much info on updating the Digital Dash other then the link to the update. Do I just open it and then it will automatically upload to the dash or do I need to connect to it specifically some way?

Instructions are included with the Digital Dash firmware. Easiest way is to connect a flash drive (with the firmware update in it) to the Digital Dash, then simply turn it on to auto-update.

In the instructions it says after unzipping it, to load the TGZ files to the root directory of the USB. I can't find any TGZ files on the update.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40903251993_16a1e1c082_b.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	8204
    Looking at the link you gave for the updates, I downloaded the "Holley EFI V5 firmware update for 7" Digital Dash, Version 5.0.7". Was that the right file, or are there more needed? There's another update that mentions the 7" Digital Dash or just say "specific updates" that I'm not sure if I need as well, or instead of? Sorry for being slow at this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast