Thread: What Temp Sensor for Terminator X?

Default What Temp Sensor for Terminator X?

Does anyone know what GM LS temp sensor will plug into the Terminator X sensor plug? Really don't want to pay $125 for the Holley 554-102 sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer 2.0 View Post
    Really don't want to pay $125 for the Holley 554-102 sensor.
    That's not a coolant temperature sensor, that's a pressure transducer (typically for fuel or oil pressure).
    The Holley 534-10 is a coolant temperature sensor. Or Standard Motor Products TX3 (LINK/LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Dang meant to write oil pressure sensor. The instructions say it plugs in to some factory oil pressure sensors, but doesn't say which ones. Also says it's optional, but I'd rather plug it in.

Try ACDelco D1846A, GM 12616646 (LINK).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...1696#post61696 (Related Forum Thread)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks, I'll try that one. Still on hold with my project because for some reason the MAP sensor adapter harness that the instructions say you need and must have, isn't included with the kit? The directions say I need a 558-116, but that's Holley's part number for a complete harness.

The directions say I need a 558-116, but that's Holley's part number for a complete harness.
    No, the instructions state Holley 558-416: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-416 (MAP Sensor Adapter Harness)

Still on hold with my project because for some reason the MAP sensor adapter harness that the instructions say you need and must have, isn't included with the kit?
    No, that's not what it states. If you have a boosted application, then you'll need the MAP sensor adapter.

Well, I get the instructions that say 558-116.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	558-416.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	8179

Well, I didn't like the wrong instructions. I prefer the correct instructions.

Default More Newbie Questions

So, I'm replacing my failed GM Connect & Cruise system with a Holley Terminator X. There's obviously some differences, but some of them I question.
    1) Fuel Pump power, on the GM setup the fuel pump ran when the key was first switched on, but then shut off till the engine started. Does the Holley do the same thing or does the fuel pump run as long as the key is on?
    1A) While on the subject, I have the fuel pump in-tank along and use the Corvette Regulator/filter to control the pressure and return line. Will this work with the Holley system?
    2) Speed sensor output. On the GM system the controller had a output for the electric speedometer. I'm not that far along yet, but from reading the instructions there is no provision for a speedo output. How do you run the electric speedo?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on. This has been a chore taking all the GM stuff out and basically rewiring the systems to work with the Holley.

1) Fuel Pump power, on the GM setup the fuel pump ran when the key was first switched on, but then shut off till the engine started. Does the Holley do the same thing or does the fuel pump run as long as the key is on?
    Yes. It runs momentarily at key-on, then again when it sees an RPM signal.

1A) While on the subject, I have the fuel pump in-tank along and use the Corvette Regulator/filter to control the pressure and return line. Will this work with the Holley system?
    Yes.

2) Speed sensor output. On the GM system the controller had a output for the electric speedometer. I'm not that far along yet, but from reading the instructions there is no provision for a speedo output. How do you run the electric speedo?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0291#post30291 (Speedometer Output Info - Transmission ICF)

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.