Thread: Line lock use/voltage flyback with Holley Dominator!

Default Line lock use/voltage flyback with Holley Dominator!

Hey guys, I’m new to Holley EFI! Apologies in advance if I sound out to lunch. My question is I want to run a line lock and take advantage of a 2-Step in the EFI software. I have a few 1432786-1 relays. Is this relay sufficient for what I want to do flyback voltage-wise, and does anyone have a diagram on the best way to wire it? I’m thinking ground trigger from ECU out. I’m just being over-cautious about this, because I’ve had some issues already with corrupted firmware and file issues. Thank you in advance.

Yes, that relay will be fine to protect the ECU I/O.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I assume one 30 amp relay is sufficient to handle the job. Also would you happen to have a clear diagram on the best way to wire it via ground trigger. Thank you Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki74 View Post
    I assume one 30 amp relay is sufficient to handle the job.
    Yes.

Also would you happen to have a clear diagram on the best way to wire it via ground trigger.
    No, I don't even know what you're doing with it. Is it being wired to a Holley EFI Input or an Output?
    If it's an Input, the HEFI signal wire connects to the relay's #30 or #87 contact terminals.
    If it's an Output, the HEFI signal wire energizes the relay's coil (#85 Ground, or #86 +12V).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Nothing is hooked up ATM (clean slate). All I want to do is use my line lock via burn out with momentary push button and have it trigger the 2-Step in the system. I figured it would be simple wiring via ground. Maybe I’m just over thinking because I’ve had some other firmware corruption issues. I’m just trying to avoid any potential issues is all.

#30 to Battery 12V positive.
    #87 to line lock solenoid.
    #86 to 12V ignition.
    #85 to Holley EFI trigger.
    Regards, Gary

That's exactly how I planned on wiring it, except with the monetary push button on the ground side of the line lock.