Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No spark, Ford 2.3L TFI.

Quote Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
    Is it possible to use a factory 2-wire Hall-Effect sensor used in some 2.3/2.5 Ford Ranger engines?
    If it's a Hall-Effect sensor. Hall-Effect sensors are three wires (+12V, Ground, Signal)

On a side note, for my T/A, do you know of a 3/4" to 12MM adapter for the Hall-Effect sensor?
    No.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Been playing with the car and trying to get it to start with the TFI. Pretty much replaced everything ignition wise (whole distributor, PIP, TFI, rotor, cap), still no luck. Going to try and bypass the MSD tomorrow (does pass the tap test). It's like the Holley is not telling it to fire. The Holley appears to be getting a crank/cam signal (via System Log).

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I feel like I've tried all of those checks. Just tried taking the MSD out of the loop. Have power at the coil, still no spark.

With Ford TFI/GM HEI and a CD ignition box, the ignition module directly triggers the CDI box; not the loose white wire in the EFI main harness.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 5/6, Page 14/15)

Correct, I'm not using the white or yellow (? IIRC) wire on the main harness. The white wire from the TFI, I'm using to the CDI and/or coil when the CDI was disconnected.

I read a post about the loose red/black is what grounds and powers the coil/injectors. I will double check those. I currently have the injector harness unplugged as I don't want loads of gas in the oil. I'll plug that in and pull the connectors and the injector and test to see if the injector is firing.

http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 6.0 "Loose Wires", Page 11)

That's how I have it wired. Tested the injector on cranking, also not firing. Pulled all the wiring off and started over. When I flip the key on, the MSD I presume, fires the spark plug once. Datalog shows crank/cam signal. Full battery. Check both fuses, both are good. Fuel pump kicks on to prime when I turn the key, so I presume relay is good. I tried swapping it once just to make sure. Is there a way to set it to a Custom Ignition Parameters (1 Pulse/Fire) and no cam. Change the EFI to Bank-To-Bank, and test? Or am I forced to use TFI?

If you're still using the Ford TFI distributor & TFI ignition module, then "Ford TFI 8 Cylinder (SEFI)" is the only option.

Well setup the 36-1 and tried to fire it. Still no start. What does the Holley NEED in order for it to send a signal to the coils to spark? Will play with it more later, but my guess is still no spark or fuel. The Holley ECU does see the crank signal. http://www.4bangerturbo.com/logs/10051739.SL
    http://www.4bangerturbo.com/logs/GasV5.hefi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast