Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No spark, Ford 2.3L TFI.

Does the V5 System Log still time stamp as follows?
    File Naming Convention – The internal logs have a date/time stamp naming convention as follows:
    MMddhhmm
    MM = Month dd = Day hh = Hour (military time) mm – minute
    As you can see, mine do not seem to do that. I've synced the time before.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Feel like I have checked everything on that list 10 times.

Then I don't know what's wrong. If you have spark, check this:
    Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Ignition Timing Cylinder Sequence Verification
    Ensure the Firing Order is entered correctly in Ignition Parameters (System ICF).
    Before the initial start, disconnect the fuel injector harness and verify
    at least, the first four cylinders in the firing order using a timing light.
    If your cylinders are firing in 90° intervals BUT in the wrong sequence,
    the coil harness is connected wrong (at the ECU or at the coil packs).
    Hopefully you have a fully degreed balancer or at least markings every 90°:
    1st cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 0° (or 15° - add whatever your cranking timing is)
    2nd cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 270° (or 285° - cranking timing added)
    3rd cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 180° (or 195° - cranking timing added)
    4th cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 90° (or 105° - cranking timing added)
    5th cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 0° (or 15° - cranking timing added)
    6th cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 270° (or 285° - cranking timing added)
    7th cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 180° (or 195° - cranking timing added)
    8th cylinder, in firing order, should fire at 90° (or 105° - cranking timing added)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

And she runs! Called tech today and ran through some ideas. Read a post on here somewhere where a guy was having issues and fixed them by closing the air gap some. First thing I did when I hit the garage was wire it to the race car Dominator's ECU to make sure that the HP wasn't bad. Same issue. Closed the air gap to .035" (I don't recall what tech said, but I THINK Luke (Holley Tech said they like it closer to .040"), but the post I saw had it IIRC .031". I set mine to .035" and that seemed to do the trick. So if you see crank signal but NO RPM, chances are you need to bring the sensor closer to the wheel.

Last edited by 4banger; 06-05-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
    Feel like I have checked everything on that list 10 times.
    But you still missed it on the checklist. It's the 8th check on the checklist: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)

If you're referring to the AIR GAP, I had it set at .060". The instructions call for .040" to .080". Tech said since it sees the signal, probably not the issue. Just updating the post for those that might run into this same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
    If you're referring to the AIR GAP, I had it set at .060".
    Yes, I'm referring to the sensor air gap, as stated in the checklist.

The instructions call for .040" to .080".
    See posts #2 & #4: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...light=misprint (Related Forum Thread)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123