Thread: V5 Upgrade Problem

Default V5 Upgrade Problem

I finally decided to upgrade my Dominator & Digital Dash to V5 from V4, but can't get the ECU to open the V5 .eep file. It says it's corrupt. I've tried two different laptops, downloaded it to a CD on my home computer and unzipped that on the laptop, tried the earlier version 30. All with the same message. I removed all V5 files and components from the laptop and tried a fresh EFI software install too. However, I did not remove V2, V3 & V4 from the laptop. When you talk about removing and reinstalling the EFI software on the laptop, are you talking about all instances of the Holley software or just what you're working with? I also thought I recalled being able to do an ECU firmware upgrade from the Digital Dash and loaded the .eep on a thumb drive, but was poking around on the Digital Dash menu and couldn't figure out how to do it. Can that be done, or is that just for the Digital Dash firmware? Before I give up, I thought I'd reach out and see if I'm missing something? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by $>.01 View Post
    I finally decided to upgrade my Dominator & Digital Dash to V5 from V4, but can't get the ECU to open the V5 .eep file. It says it's corrupt.
    Which ECU firmware version is it? HEFI_05001100.eep?

However, I did not remove V2, V3 & V4 from the laptop. When you talk about removing and reinstalling the EFI software on the laptop, are you talking about all instances of the Holley software or just what you're working with?
    No that's fine. I used to leave previous Holley EFI versions on my laptop all the time. I have an older laptop with V3, V4 & V5 on it now.

I also thought I recalled being able to do an ECU firmware upgrade from the Digital Dash and loaded the .eep on a thumb drive, but was poking around on the Digital Dash menu and couldn't figure out how to do it. Can that be done, or is that just for the Digital Dash firmware?
    I don't know if that's still possible. However, even if it is, I'll never try updating my ECU with the 3.5" TSLCD or Digital Dash again. The one time I tried, it didn't work and almost bricked my ECU.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Which ECU firmware version is it? HEFI_05001100.eep?
    Yes, that's the version I'm trying. I also tried an earlier version (30 I think) from a different download link on the Holley website.

Well, I don't know what's wrong. I recently updated to V5 with no problem. (Twice actually, because V5 Build 100 had a bug.) Here's a zipped HEFI_05001100.eep ECU firmware file: HEFI_05001100.zip

http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    The instructions (PDF file) & ECU firmware (.eep file, Firmware folder/Documents) are included in the
    EFI software download. Go to your "Documents", "Holley" folder, "HEFI V5" folder, "Firmware" folder.
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'll try your link and see if that does anything for me. Thanks.

You're welcome. Don't forget to unzip it first, and place it in the "Firmware" folder (as specified in post #4).

I deleted the file I had in there and unzipped yours and put it in the firmware folder, same corrupt message! I'm at a loss. I have a Terminator HP setup in another vehicle that I wasn't going to update, but now maybe I'll try just to see if I can get it to work.

I'm at a loos too. I don't know why it won't update.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2193#post72193 (EFI Software/ECU Firmware Problems)

Danny, I got it figured out this morning after trying the power reset and reflashing the ECU with V4 firmware. I think the issue was I was trying to do the update from the V4 EFI software while selecting the V5 eep file, thinking that since that's what's in the ECU that was the right place to start. However, when I started from the V5 EFI software and clicked through the incompatibility warnings and started the upgrade it worked. Upgraded the Digital Dash, TPS Autoset and bam, it fired right up! Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked.