Thread: Holley support needed, but no response (Dominator EFI & V5 software).

Default Holley support needed, but no response (Dominator EFI & V5 software).

We bought Holley EFI components for $4-5000 during the off season to switch over to EFI. Now we have everything assembled and have a few questions, but Holley doesn't write back since almost a week. Is there a direct email contact? All I have is the contact form from the website. I don't think this can be OK if you need support after buying their products. Please let me know. It's urgent and first race is this weekend. Thanks, Franz

You'll get answers faster by calling them. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).

Tech Support Contacts: Holley Tech Service (PHONE), Holley Tech Service (EMAIL), Holley EFI Forum (INTERNET)
    Datalogs, System Logs & Global Files can be linked to a document hosting website. I use Dropbox.com.
    Or Datalogs/Files can be "zipped" (compressed folder) & attached directly to a forum post ("Go Advanced").
    Your Global File is in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V4", "Global Files" folder (.hefi file).
    Your Datalogs are in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V4", "Datalogs" folder (.V4.dl file).
    Pictures must be linked to a picture hosting website. I use Photobucket.com.
    Videos must be linked to a video hosting website. Most people use YouTube.com.
    If posting your Global File and a short datalog of a driveability problem for us to analyze, first review the datalog and
    inform us of exactly where in the datalog (time/seconds) the problem occurs. Someone will look at it and offer advice.
    Read the end of this post for instructions on how to email Global Files & Datalogs.
    EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (Holley EFI Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual & Diagrams)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    Open the Holley EFI software "Help" Contents ("Help" drop down menu), and read "Step-By-Step Beginners Tuning".
    Ensure the EFI software is set to run as an "Administrator" (right click for Properties/Advanced). Set it and forget it.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Calling them sure would be quicker, but I’m not located in the US, and writing the issues and maybe sharing a short video would make it pretty quick I think. You'd expect some kind of "preferred support" after buying the best of their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashburner View Post
    You'd expect some kind of "preferred support" after buying the best of their stuff.
    I don't know about "preferred support", but I certainly wouldn't be trying to get an EFI system all situated four days before a big race. What problems are you having; maybe it's something this EFI forum can help with?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

1) The maximum distance from injector to valve (injector placement) you can enter is 18”, but we have almost 20”.

2) When entering cam information the EFI software isn’t really calculating usable values.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashburner View Post
    1) The maximum distance from injector to valve (injector placement) you can enter is 18”, but we have almost 20”.
    So enter 18". It's not critical.

2) When entering cam information the EFI software isn’t really calculating usable values.
    See post #13: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-Phasing-Table (Injector End Angle Tuning Information)

The Injector End Angle parameters are not super critical. They are more of a perk. What kind of car/engine are you working on, and what kind of intake has the injectors 18" away from the intake valve? I'd love to see! Andrew