Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions - Help with Global File Review

Default Questions - Help with Global File Review

Hopefully the attachment worked. Wondering if I could have other eyes help me with some early problems/questions. Car will start & idle OK, but would like to get a few things ironed out. First, I created an output called Alt Excite, 12V and Configured it to activate above 500 RPM and deactivate under 250 RPM. Just so the alt wire won't be hot while I'm playing with key on. But it doesn't seem to be working. I had it hot with key and it was charging. Is my programming OK? Also I have Fan #1 set for fan, and I'm using Fan #2 to turn on electric water pump. Does this seem OK? Also, dome pressure and transbrake have been setup, but I'm unsure if it's right. Still not sure about launch which I want to use a bump button for. I suppose anything else that jumps out would be really appreciated!
    Turbo LSx 364ci 850 HP 20 PSI remapb.zip

I would create a custom output for your fan and water pump, it will give you more control over them. In your alternator excite settings, you have a Linked Output. Why is it linked to itself? Are you using the alternator excite to trigger the alternator, or are you using it to activate a relay that breaks the alternator excite circuit?

Thanks for the help. Yes, I will definitely add/change the water,pump & fan! As for the alternator, when it wouldn't charge, I tried adding the Linked Output just in case I was missing a step. If that part is all good, I'll double check my wiring and Pin/Pin Mapping is correct. I'm a newbie, so perhaps this should be in the inexperienced users. What causes the outputs to show up in the Where Used button? I seem to recall some showing up and some saying not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6mb View Post
    What causes the outputs to show up in the Where Used button?
    Where Used Button – Selecting the “Where Used” button will bring up the different areas in a calibration that that Input or Output is being used.
    Page 9: https://documents.holley.com/techlib...teoverview.pdf (Holley EFI V5 Software Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

You didn't answer my question. Are you using the Holley output to excite the alternator, or are you using the Holley output to activate a relay that breaks the alternator excite circuit? Most alternators need a resistor circuit to excite them. A constant 12V will usually burn up an alternator.

Oh right! I've got the Holley alternator harness with the resistor, so it just needs +12VDC. I've got that wire pinned into J3 B10 - Output 24.

Also, when configuring Inputs & Outputs, do the Input & Output numbers in the I/O configuration page have to match the corresponding input & output number on the pin map page? Or can you just start at 1 and continue with 2, 3, 4, etc. As you'll see I was trying to configure them on the corresponding I/O. And sorry, I'd like to use the staging feature, but when I enabled it the transbrake output is a + output and my solid state relay requires a - trigger. Comments?

https://documents.holley.com/techlib...9r10545rev.pdf (Holley EFI Pin Map Instructions)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6mb View Post
    Oh right! I've got the Holley alternator harness with the resistor, so it just needs +12VDC. I've got that wire pinned into J3 B10 - Output 24. Also, when configuring Inputs & Outputs, do the Input & Output numbers in the I/O configuration page have to match the corresponding input & output number on the pin map page? Or can you just start at 1 and continue with 2, 3, 4, etc. As you'll see I was trying to configure them on the corresponding I/O. And sorry, I'd like to use the staging feature, but when I enabled it the transbrake output is a + output and my solid state relay requires a - trigger. Comments?
    Your Alternator Excite shouldn't be linked to itself. I/O does not need to correspond to numbers on the Pin Map. The Staging Output is in the System Parameter's I/Os, the Output Type can be changed there. That output will need to be pinned in the Pin Map, and connected to the trigger on your SSR. Your Transbrake output on J3-B13 won't be needed. If J3-B13 is connected to the SSR trigger, just pin Staging Out to it after reconfiguring it to P- as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedCP View Post
    The Staging Output is in the System Parameter's I/Os, the Output Type can be changed there.
    Yes. This means the Inputs/Outputs screen in the System ICF, not in the Inputs/Outputs ICF. This is commonly confused.

Thanks again for the help! All right I changed the Staging Output in the System ICF to PWM- and removed the transbrake output. I then Pin Mapped Staging Input #1 & T-Brake/Launch to my transbrake switch input. When I wire in my bump button I'll Pin Map Staging Input #2 to that input. Does this all sound OK? I was also planning to enable Rev Limiter #1 and pinning that to the transbrake button input as well. Is that good? And when you hit the bump button does that disable the Rev Limiter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast