Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Dash won't update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam406406 View Post
    I got it. Had to use a SD card reader.
    After trying all day yesterday to get my new Digital Dash to update to the Sniper firmware using a bunch of different USB sticks, anywhere from 1GB to 64GB doing all files, some of the files, one at a time, Clean, Delete, Reformat, Zipped, Unzipped etc., etc. over & over I finally gave up. Got on this forum ran a search on Digital Dash problems and found this post. Using a old 8GB SD card and USB Adapter I loaded the files on the cleaned and reformatted SD card Unzipped for the first try, and low & behold when I hit the key and the dash powered up it started updating. Thanks, Cam

I'm having the same problem with my Pro Dash. I need to update from V4 to V5 and it won't update from any of the USB thumb drives that I've tried. I've tried five different drives including a drive that I've used to update other dashes in the past. Anyone know of a known good thumb drive that always works?

I use a Kingston DataTraveler 4GB flash drive, and it always works fine with my Digital Dash.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...5177-V5-Update (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Holley Tech asked me to hook up a mouse to the USB port to see if it could communicate with the Digital Dash. It didn't work for me, but that's another test that people can try. They also asked me if there was an eject button in the lower right corner of the screen. I didn't have the eject button which told them that the Digital Dash wasn't talking to the USB port. So I boxed up my Digital Dash and mailed it back for warranty work. So those are two other things that people can check before calling the tech line.

Andyf, thanks for a very informative update.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Looks like it might have been user error. I sent the Pro Dash back to Holley with my cable and USB drive. The engineer said I was trying to load 5.0.7 to the Pro Dash which is the 7" Digital Dash FW. So perhaps if you load the 7" Digital Dash FW to the Pro Dash you lock it up? Evidently when I downloaded the V110 zip drive I made a mistake and grabbed 5.0.7 rather than 5.0.12. So if anyone else if having problems updating their dash, they should double check to make sure that the update file they are using is actually the correct one. I just assumed I was using the correct file and that the dash was having problems. I should've double checked all of my assumptions. Perhaps if I had just loaded 5.0.12 the dash would've updated just fine and I would not have lost a couple of weeks of time messing with it.

This is not in response to Andyf:
    Just a pet peeve of mine, but I wish people would stop using the term "dash". Please be specific as to which Holley "dash" you own. Holley has three different "dashes" available. Knowing which one a user is referring to would be very helpful. (And yes, I've edited all the "dash" references in this post; that's why it seems like there's no problem.)

Yeah that is a good point, especially if using the firmware from a 7" Digital Dash locks up a Pro Dash. That might be what happened in my case although the Holley contact that I'm working with isn't sure that was the problem. My Pro Dash never loaded the 5.0.7 firmware since it kept saying that it had V4 installed. But it's possible that just attempting to load the 7" Digital Dash firmware into a Pro Dash might have disabled the USB port. So the bottom line is that everyone should triple check which FW code they are about to load into their device. I just assumed that 5.0.7 was the correct firmware to load into the Pro Dash, but I should've been using 5.0.12 instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12