Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash won't update.

Default Digital Dash won't update.

No matter what I do I can't get my 7" Digital Dash to update to the V5 firmware. It's brand new and came with the V4 version installed, so I have never had to update it before. Is there any other way to update the firmware besides a USB stick? Tried using the USB stick that was included with the dash and another generic stick both with same result. I tried by keying on, and also by trying to manually do it from the Configuration menu on screen. The dash just restarts and gives me the same error of mismatched versions every time. Was wondering if it can be done via laptop?

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I understand about calling them, tried a couple times already, hard to dedicate an hour to wait on hold.

I have no control over that, and I don't know why your Digital Dash won't update. I use a Kingston DataTraveler 4GB flash drive, and it always works fine.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...5177-V5-Update (Related Forum Thread)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Mine is doing this also. Any update?

Yes, ended up using an 8 gig generic no name brand stick. Even though the dash said it updated and I can remove from the USB stick after powering on, I still had the same mismatched version error. I had to go to the Configuration menu and update manually. I was told by Holley it's a known problem they had a bad batch of sticks they sent out.

Yes, like I said, it's almost always a flash drive issue (not a Digital Dash issue).

Well my Digital Dash did not come with a USB stick. I've tried three sticks so far, none will update the Digital Dash.

I bet mine would.

I got it. Had to use a SD card reader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast