Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated to V5, run the Wizard, "Wizard.txt file not found."

Default Updated to V5, run the Wizard, "Wizard.txt file not found."

Upon successfully upgrading to build 110 of V5, I tried to run the Wizard (new engine too, so old tune is useless). I get an error that "Wizard.txt file not found." I'm assuming because whatever Wizard file V5 is looking for is not on my SD card (and of course, though I thought I did, I didn't back up my V2 files, which I had intended on converting with the V5 conversion tool).

1) How can I restore this file? Can it be downloaded from Holley?
    2) I see the EFI software has a lot of base tunes, which one is a decent baseline for a ZZ6 350, stock cam (405 HP/405 TQ)?
    Trail: 1988 XJ, ZZ6 350 Chevy, 700R4, 35" MTs, Warn 1200, 4.11 gears, Detroit lockers, Hooker headers, Terminator EFI
    Daily: 2018 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

The touchscreen's GCF Wizard usually doesn't work afterwards, because V4/V5 is for advanced users. Use the laptop EFI software to load the Global File. The V4/V5 EFI software has base calibrations available. Open the EFI software & click "Open Global File", then "Base Cals". When using the EFI software, everything is done with the laptop. The GCF Wizard or those related files are no longer needed on the 3.5" LCD Touchscreen (TSLCD).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, fair enough, I won't waste time with the Wizard. I'm still working my way through the EFI software, but seems easy enough. I open Global Files, and it includes two directories, base & custom. In the base directory, there are a bunch of HEFI files. Half of them start with MPI (e.g. MPT36SB215) the other half start with "TBI" (e.g. TBI8SB245). Are any of the included files better for a baseline tune for a ZZ6 stock (405 HP/405 TQ) 350? I assume I want to use on of the "TBI" files, but not sure what the difference is. The first six letters of each file is the same ("TBI8SB"), and differ only in the last three numbers. There's a 245, 225 & 245. I assume the one ending in 245 is a good baseline for a SB350?
    Trail: 1988 XJ, ZZ6 350 Chevy, 700R4, 35" MTs, Warn 1200, 4.11 gears, Detroit lockers, Hooker headers, Terminator EFI

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    The first six letters of each file is the same ("TBI8SB"), and differ only in the last three numbers. There's a 245, 225 & 245. I assume the one ending in 245 is a good baseline for a SB350?
    Those numbers refer to the camshaft duration @ .050" lift. Read this: https://documents.holley.com/techlib...librations.pdf (Holley EFI Base Calibrations)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, the 215 file it is then. Thanks (yet) again!

You're welcome.

Just to close this out, spoke with Holley. If someone "wants" the Wizard to work, V4 Build 110 is the last version that works, and they said downgrading from V5 to V4 would not brick your ECU. I personally don't see the reason for the Wizard, the software is pretty awesome. Holley help desk also emailed me a baseline tune for my ZZ6 engine that worked really well, just needs a little fine-tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    ...and they said downgrading from V5 to V4 would not brick your ECU.
    Of course not, LOL!

I know, I was surprised he stressed that. He told me that I could send the unit in for them to reflash, but had to go offline and put me on hold to check to make sure downgrading wouldn't brick. Figured it was a big deal.

I guess some people think the ECU firmware can only be changed in succession, not reverted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast