Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injectors not firing sometimes during engine cranking, both cold & hot starts.

Yes it is. Stock Ford TFI distributor, Crane HI-6 box & PS-92 race coil.
    '93 Mustang LX Sedan, Holley Dominator EFI, Twin 66 mm, 347, TH 400, 3.27s - 8.54 @ 162 through the tailpipes on DRs
    '91 Mustang LX Sedan, Holley HP EFI, 410 with Novi 2000, 5 speed, 3.73s - tire destroyer!
    Coming this Fall, 2019 Mustang GT, A10 Auto, 3.0L Whipple - 9 second cruiser?

I'd replace the distributor's ignition module with a genuine Ford Motorcraft TFI ignition module, and test the CDI box when it happens again:

Testing the MSD CD ignition box.
    Points Output - white wire & Magnetic Pickup - violet/green triggering:
    https://www.msdperformance.com/suppo...ng_techniques/ (Troubleshooting Info)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

When it does happen, my laptop shows RPM. Plus I pull the coil wire and put a spark plug in the wire and verify ignition. The issue is no injector firing, this is verified with a noid light. I pulled the entire harness out of the car and checked ALL wires for continuity, all is good. Could a shady ground wire cause this intermittent issue? Is it possible that the ECU firmware/software is corrupt? I've been considering upgrading to V5 anyways. What are your thoughts?
    '93 Mustang LX Sedan, Holley Dominator EFI, Twin 66 mm, 347, TH 400, 3.27s - 8.54 @ 162 through the tailpipes on DRs
    '91 Mustang LX Sedan, Holley HP EFI, 410 with Novi 2000, 5 speed, 3.73s - tire destroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Twin66mmTurboLX View Post
    Could a shady ground wire cause this intermittent issue?
    Well, check them anyway.

Is it possible that the ECU firmware/software is corrupt?
    It's possible, you can reflash the ECU firmware to rule it out. Which version of V4 are you on now?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    It's possible, you can reflash the ECU firmware to rule it out. Which version of V4 are you on now?
    Version: V4 Build 30

That's not even close to the latest V4 ECU firmware version. It's probably not the problem, but if reflashing the ECU firmware, then you might as well update.
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib..._revisions.pdf (Holley EFI V4 Revision Log)

UPDATE: It appears that the Holley Fuel pump/injector relay was going intermittently bad and finally failed. I swapped the relay with an old relay I had in my tool box and the car fired right up!

I mentioned this in post #4 above. I'm glad you found the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12